Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Maximum Speed has been Downgraded.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

FTTC Maximum Speed has been Downgraded.

My FTTC Speed has dropped about 17Mbs.
Looking at my connection and BT's BTW Speed test, my estimated maximum Speed is 39Mb, but was far higher only weeks ago, (52Mb if I remember accurately).
I am paying for an 80/20 service at the cabinet which has run at 52Mbps, and even higher, yet this profile looks like a 40/10 service. how can this be right, or acceptable, what do you get for the Extra (beyond frustration)?
The BTW used to show results like todays even slower speeds, both up and down, with a red line and tell me to contact ISP. today the show acceptable, and Green.
EH?!!
SNR has increased since about 5:00 this morning from 6.0 to 9.2 both up and down, latency has increased for over a week and has gone from 37ms yesterday to 42ms this morning. Not two weeks ago, it was 27ms, once upon a time it was 15-17ms.
This is not the service that I've been used to and must therefore be wrong. How can BT and PlusNet now proclaim that the lesser service is the best I can expect, and why is it much slower than what I was told to expect (and got!!!!!) when I signed up?