Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Down

g3uiss
Grafter

FTTC Down

Hi
I hope someone can help. I'm working in the US and my FTTC wend down at 1729 UK time on the 9th. I have remote access via a backup ADSL and I can login to the guy on my modem which can't sync with the cab. I have remotely rebooted and it still tries but fails to sync. For the sake of compleatness I rebooted the router as well. I don't think it's a ppoe issue and I can't check the phone line other than I can ring it and it appears to ring out, I know that's of little use. I do need my device for my work, so if someone can run a line test if an engineer is required I can arrange access. The tiicket number is 107162221. I also put this on Twitter.
I can now confirm phone is dead. I don't want to add to ticket as I understand this delays can one of the digital care team update please
Tony
14 REPLIES 14
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: FTTC Down

Our tests have found a external fault on the line.
I've raised this to our suppliers for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
g3uiss
Grafter

I got a broadband connection today back after 5 days,  but sync speeds are awful ( 7mb DS and 0.8 mb US) high SNRM and large delay both up/down. There is no update on ticket. Any chance you can find out what's going on !
Tony
Estragon
Rising Star

Is the phone still dead, or is it working without crackling?
Extremely slow broadband with dead phone is one wire of the pair disconnected. Intermittent phone with crackling when working, along with the extremely slow broadband, suggests a contact making and breaking at various times on the dodgy wire of the pair.
g3uiss
Grafter

No phone was dead now it's working. Seems quiet, but a pulsing sound apparently as it was checked by my colleague as I'm abroad desperate to VPN to my server !
g3uiss
Grafter

Another re sync by DLM and DS fallen to 6.5 and US to 0.800.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The line isn't being restricted by DLM.
We'd have to look at arranging a fibre engineer to investigate further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
g3uiss
Grafter

Are you going to do this as the ticket hasn't changed for 2 days ?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you can respond with some availability to the fault ticket I can get that done.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
g3uiss
Grafter

Matthew there is nothing in the ticket about needing an appointment. I'm still in the USA but PM 21st or AM/PM 22nd are ok.
Just to be clear the phone when dead on the 9th as did my broadband. After the phone came up and not noticeable noise but a "pulsing sound"
I had 3 DLM reason 1 re syncs. Each time the SNRM went up and Sync down as I reported. So it seems the DLM is responding to a line fault perhaps following the failure.
I have been trying to work from here but I can't VPN with the connection at this speed.
Can you confirm a visit is necessary and nothing can be done remotely ?
Tony
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately a visit is necessary I'm afraid.
Your current DLM profile is "0.128M-27.4M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-2.7M Upstream, Interleaving On" and your syncing at 6mbps at the moment.
I'm raising the fault to our suppliers now.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
g3uiss
Grafter

Thanks Mathew . Those figures are similar to what I can see.
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

Hi Engineer has been done a DLM reset, syncing now at 22475mpbs. Can you adjust your profile as it seems its still on around 6.5mpbs
Thanks for the help
Tony
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's been adjusted now.
If you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect you'll pick the new profile up.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
g3uiss
Grafter

Thanks Matthew