cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Connection at home disconnects a few times a day

sa12uk

FTTC - Connection at home disconnects a few times a day

Hi

Appreciate it if someone is able to help me with this, please.

I have connected my router to the master socket to rule out any internal wiring issues.

My connection disconnects randomly throughout the day. Rarely will it go a day without disconnecting and I have to reboot the BT router and ADSL router to get everything back working again.

I have tried multiple routers with my PPPOE details entered to rule out internal kit being the problem and regardless of what I use the problem seems to persist.

Could you check my line for me, please? Are there any issues that need to be resolved?

Once connected I get around 35mb. Another note, which may not be relevant is I am a good 10mb download speed lower than my immediate neighbour. Could this be down to a line issue also? When I initially joined PlusNet years ago my speed was a lot faster, in the region of 47mb download, but gradually over my time with you, it has decreased to where it is now.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Anthony

If possible could I get a report of the SNR and Noise Margin for my connection, please?

3 REPLIES 3
Yessirskiii

Re: FTTC - Connection at home disconnects a few times a day

Yes I think I'm having the same issue as you and literally signed up to make a similar post. I'm using a BT smart hub 6 and multiple times a day my router 'disconnects'. I have to go into the router settings to connect it again. It usually happens at night more often than the day but there's no consistency tbh. It doesn't start up quickly either, I have to connect multiple times in a row before it stays connected. I assume doing it via the router settings is the same as restarting the router. It's a bit more reassuring to know that it's not just me and clearly a Plusnet issue but, considering I can't do a full day's work from home anymore and my contract just came to an end, this has pretty much confirmed that I won't be renewing and will look for a new ISP. Reliability is the most important thing and having the connection cut out multiple times across the day isn't good enough service at all.

kpdchudleigh

I'm not techie so don't understand some of what you have both written but I think I'm having the same issue.  My router is plugged into the master socket and has given trouble free usage for over a year but the last week although the blue light remains indicating it's fully functional the connection to all the devices in the house drops out and I'm having to reset the router repeatedly.  

sa12uk

This problem continues to happen. Yesterday the internet dropped 4 times during the day for extended periods of time. Why are other threads answered by Plusnet staff and this one is ignored?