Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTC Broadband drop outs

Thanks for your post @Yorkshiregrump

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for the drops, but I can certainly see them as pictured below.

Could you try plugging your router into the test socket as explained Here and let me know how it goes? This should rule out any internal wiring from causing the drops and help get to the bottom of the problem. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yorkshiregrump
Hooked

Thanks for your reply. The hub one is currently connected to the front of a master socket 5c, I presume I'll need a micro filter/splitter if I use the socket inside the box?

I'll see if u can borrow a filter of a mate.
Thanks
Yorkshiregrump
Hooked

Managed to get a new micro filter and fitted it late last night. Speed has increased already and no drop outs overnight
Yorkshiregrump
Hooked

Ok, currently connected via the internal socket on the master, speed still ok but connection already gone off at least once

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @Yorkshiregrump, sounds like a plan

I'd ignore that ^ Our internal response system we use didn't pull through your posts from this morning.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on it over the course of the day if possible, and let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yorkshiregrump
Hooked

A bit of an update, I left it connected inside the master socket for just over 7 days. No drop outs, speed still up.
Now changed it back to how it was before the issues started and almost 48hrs in and its still fine, speed still up too
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff @Yorkshiregrump

Thanks a lot for letting us know and I'm glad to hear that things appear to be performing better now. Let us know if you have any further issues at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds