cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREQUENTLY POOR D/L SPEED, PAYING FOR FIBRE.....getting less than my old adsl service from Talk Talk

macca1050

FREQUENTLY POOR D/L SPEED, PAYING FOR FIBRE.....getting less than my old adsl service from Talk Talk

Paying for fibre Broadband  30+ Mbps, frequently nowhere even close to that. even off peak times like first thing Sunday AM. Plusnet have gone downhill last couple of years, been with them 5 years now. Figures from Ookla, just now. DOWNLOAD Mbps 5.59 UPLOAD Mbps 7.93.  Its a joke.  Do I want to wait on hold for 30 mins to speak to someone who will attempt to "baffle with bull%$£" and still not fix the problem?  Nope.  I beleive the early exit fee doesnt apply if there are regular and persistant speed issues.  Something to look into.  No point switching to BT since they own Plusnet.  Aberfan, South Wales.

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: FREQUENTLY POOR D/L SPEED, PAYING FOR FIBRE.....getting less than my old adsl service from Ta...

Hi @macca1050,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've tested the line today and I've detected a fault, though we don't know the exact location at this time. As this is the case I would recommend running through our online troubleshooting guide, which can be found here. I would also strongly recommend setting your router up within the test socket in the property if you haven't already done so. We've another guide on how to do this here.

If these checks don't resolve the fault then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate the fault further. I've raised a ticket about this on your account, which can be viewed and responded to here. Please let us know how this goes and how you wish to proceed and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team