cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIBRE EXTRA - Still awaiting upraded speed

tjh1837
Grafter

Re: FIBRE EXTRA - Still awaiting upraded speed

Engineer number three (who was the same chap who came on the first visit) was here for about 3 hours today. He talked by phone with Openreach technical staff and with Plusnet.

He was adamant that there is no problem with the “copper” line connection .... including the Fibre  Box at the corner of our road.

He says the problem WITHOT DOUBT lies with Plusnet.

I phoned Plusnet later and was told that there may be an authentification problem which is being investigated by the PN Faults Department ... who nay take 48 hours to do so!

PS. I am still operating at a very occasionally available single digit download speeds.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to see the engineer was unable to identify the cause for the fault. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing we can do from this side which would affect the sync rate your router physically connects at to the cabinet. 

From reading the engineer notes I can see the engineer contacted their support team DCoE(Diagnostics Centre of Excellence) at Openreach and got your service mapped to a different port at the cabinet.

Following this your sync speed went up to 79.9mbps however I also understand they've said you were then unable to connect at all however your connection has been up and running fine since 4:39pm.

With this in mind, it looks like the issue was resolved by moving your service to a different port. I've increased the profile on our side from 62.6mbps to reflect the new sync rate of 79.9mbps. 

At this stage I'd recommend rebooting your router then monitoring this and if you continue to experience connection problems and/or speed drops by all means please do let us know and we'll get this escalated to team manager level at Openreach before we arrange another engineer.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tjh1837
Grafter

Yesterday I learned that my contract for unlimited fire extra is still “pending”, (i.e. is none-existent), because the Plusnet system refuses to set it up. My pervious contract expired a moth ago. Hence, with no contract, I am not being allowed to use broadband except for the present minimal and  intermittent connections.

This problem can apparently be fixed only by “going into” the stem manually”, or by setting up a new account.

I can not get a date for when this will be done. A month has already gone by. Is it possible for you to expedite this matter with the applicable Plusnet department?

tjh1837
Grafter

Sorry about the typos above.  I have to work quickly before the connection inevitably fails.

For pervious read previous. For stem, read system. Etc.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @tjh1837 

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing connection problems and your new contract is still showing as pending in the billing engine. Firstly I'd like to assure you that in no way can a billing issue affect your connection in this way.

Here's a visual representation of your connection which suggests there is a physical fault somewhere or interference affecting the Openreach network: 

image15659604311412

Sadly to investigate further the only option we have available is to arrange another engineer visit then escalate this further within Openreach due to the repeated engineering visits we've arranged.

Can you reply to your fault ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192510179 with further availability for an engineer to visit? Alternatively we'll be happy to call you back to arrange this if you're free for a call?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tjh1837
Grafter

I was assured by your technical support team member on the phone that the pending contract issue was the cause of the problem.

It seems to me pretty unlikely that a fourth engineer visit will help, especially if the same one returns, as. But I am willing to host another if it is necessary.

The link you provided led me to a question page which does not mention an engineer visit.

Please could you phone me in order to arrange it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @tjh1837 

I'm afraid you've been mis-advised on this occasion. The question/ticket page will allow you to add a comment with your availability for an engineer to visit. I'd be happy to call you back, when's best for you?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tjh1837
Grafter

Still have not found a method of providing availability times. Should I phone Plusnet Ech Support to do it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @tjh1837 Thanks for your time on the phone, it was good to speak with you again.

It's also good to see your speeds have been OK, and hopefully they'll stay that way. I do suspect though that your connection is what's called intermittent, which means that your speeds are going down and up frequently.

To reply to the ticket/question you will need to carry out the following preferably on a PC:

1. Log into your account from here: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

2. Click on https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192510179

3. Scroll to the bottom and click on where it says "I need to add more detail" it's quite small!

4. Type your response in the white box and click the send/submit button on your screen.

If you add a reply to the question/ticket feel free to let us know by replying here as well and we'll be happy to pick it up as soon as we can. If you have any issues replying to the ticket we'll be happy to call you back, just let us know. 

I'm out of the office from 7pm tonight until 27th August, but my colleagues will be happy to help in my absence. If you find it easier feel free to call our technical support team on 0800 432 0200 too.

I hope this helps. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tjh1837
Grafter

Breaking News.

Thank you for your phone call. As we discussed during our chat; while we have been communicating on the forum this afternoon, download speed has increased to around 65 mbps.

So I will monitor the speed for a while and report back to you in due course. Meanwhile, I am holding my breath!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the reply back @tjh1837 

Cool, that's really good to see again. I do hope that your speeds continue to remain stable.

Keep us posted on how things go in due course.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet