cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIBRE EXTRA - Still awaiting upraded speed

tjh1837
Grafter

Re: FIBRE EXTRA - Still awaiting upraded speed

Have rebooted again. This time reading is 67 ms, which IS an improvement. Will keep monitoring it.

Please ignore my previous , message.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Perfect Thumbs_Up let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tjh1837
Grafter

Download speed went down to 34 mbps during this afternoon . Latest test gives 54 mbps after reboot.

Does my profile ned resetting yet again? 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @tjh1837,

I'm sorry to hear that your speed has dropped again. I've tested your line and the test indicates that your line is currently syncing at 78.6mbps. Your connection profile is still set correctly on the account from when @Gandalf changed this:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 78.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 195.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-08-02T10:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 78.0 Mbps 78.4 Mbps 78.3 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 19.9 Mbps 19.9 Mbps 19.9 Mbps
Up Time 46.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 834.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-08-02T16:02:35Z 2019-08-02T16:17:35Z
Ingress Code Violation 3 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Please can you confirm whether this issue is still ongoing? If so, is it currently solely affecting wireless connections or are wired connections affected too?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
tjh1837
Grafter

Withe ethernet cable between router and PC.

I have let the broadband settle down for a few days and it seems to have now stabilised at around 65 mbps download speed. 

Please could you confirm that I will not be charged for either of the Engineer visits that were necessary in order to reach this level of performance.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @tjh1837 I'm afraid I can't absolutely confirm that no charge will be issued for the visits as the charge itself is generated by our suppliers and can take up to 90 days to be passed on.

However, I would say with confidence that if the issue was found to be outside of your control and within the suppliers realm of authority to correct then you would not be issued a charge.

The charge is only issued under circumstances where the engineer visit was not necessary, where a fault is caused by customer maintained equipment or wiring or had the customer caused damage to the network which created the fault.

tjh1837
Grafter

After enjoying a stable average download speed of 65 mbps earlier in the week, it has now gone back to around 49 mbps. Which is the speed I was getting, at the master test socket, during the Engineer visit on 02 August. He found that there was nothing wrong with my installation and that the line was capable of 72 mbps but I was “not being allowed to use it”. He held a lengthy phone call with Plusnet and told me, before he left, that the problem lay with Plusnet.. who were investigating it.

Subsequently Plusnet informed me that they had, once more, reset my Profile ... after which the speed stabilised at the 65 mbps average mentioned above.

So it seems almost certain that my Profile needs resetting again. Pleases could you do this?

Please note that my  measurements are made, after the obligatory hardware reboot; using the BTW speed tester, on my PC, which is connected by ethernet cable to my router. All other devices being switched off.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @tjh1837 

I'm sorry to see your speeds have dropped again.

I've checked the connection profile on your account and this is set at 66.2mbps. It's worth noting that this generally only changes if you either change to a different product or the physical speed your router is in sync at changes.

In this case it doesn't look like it changed when your sync speed dropped to 57.4mbps I can see it at now. Your connection is dropping heavily so I'd bet that these drops are the causes for the speed issues you're experiencing:

I think it's best if we arrange another engineer to investigate this further.

Could you reply to the ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192510179 I've updated your availability for another engineer to visit nudging us over here once you've done so and we'll get it picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tjh1837
Grafter

Thank you.

So the visit is lntended to diagnose the reason ffor the line drop-outs.

I still await Plusnet’s confirmation that I will not be charged for the previous two  Engineer visits. On the understanding that I will not be charged for this third one, I can agree to it.

I have used the link you provided but have failed to find a way to arrange the appointment.

Please would you arrange it for me ....... any day next week, except Monday morning or at any time on  Thursday.

Please email me with the time and date.

Tuesday morning would be convenient. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @tjh1837 

I'm afraid I can't book an engineer visit solely off a post via our community forums. If you're unable to reply to the ticket by clicking on the "I need to add more details" button at the bottom, would you be free for me to call you back?

With regards to if we'll charge you a call out fee we won't know that until within 90 days after a fault investigation has finished. This is because we robustly defend all engineer charges and will only pass £65 onto yourself if absolutely valid.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tjh1837
Grafter

Have had another go at the ticket method but it remains a mystery.

I would be very grateful if you could phone me, as you suggest.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @tjh1837 

As discussed I've booked the engineer visit for Wednesday 14/08/2019 between 8am and 1pm.

I've also emailed Openreach requesting that this is escalated with the local area manager to assign a multi-skilled engineer to the job to carry out a thorough investigation.

If you've got anything else to add or need any further assistance, please do feel free to let us know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Looks like REIN to me.

tjh1837
Grafter

Panic!

For the last 18 hours, download speed has been around 5 mbps. Barely useable.

Is this another manifestation of the drop-out events?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry to see your speeds have dropped, I'd say it's extremely likely to be related with the drops:

I hope that the engineer on Wednesday is able to sort this out for you, and I'm sorry again for the issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet