cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow upload speed

vindaloojim
Grafter

Extremely slow upload speed

I'm on the 80/20 package and my upload speed has dropped from rock steady 18 Mbps down to a pathetic 1 Mbps. My down speed has also dropped by around 75 Mbps to 68 Mbps.
1 Mbps upload is TOTALLY unacceptable- that is a loss of 16 Mbps!! The 7 Mbps loss of download speed is also unacceptable.
It would appear I have gone from being on FTTC Range A (Clean) to FTTC Range B (Impacted). Please can plusnet look into this ASAP.
A bit of history of my plusnet FTTC connection:
The spool between the pole and my house was replaced a few months ago to help fix my slow download speed I was getting, so the line should still be in good condition. The engineer also moved me to another pair at the cab which solved my line speeds. Joy! Albeit brief.
Afterwards he advised me to call plusnet and ask them to give my line a bump as the sync rate has probably got stuck or been limited.
Ever since then up until a month ago my line speed has been great @ 75 Mbps down & 17 Mbps up. Before I called plusnet, at the recommendation of the engineer in march, to request my line to be 'bumped' or 'nudged' up I was at 68 Mbps down / 16 Mbps up, after a 5 minute call to plusnet the guy I spoke to on the phone said "oh yes, no problem we can give your line a nudge which will boost the line speed. It will take a few minutes to and you will need to turn your modem and router on for 60 seconds then back on again".
After this phone call, low and behold after a few minutes my line speeds were back to normal.

Can plusnet please give my line a 'nudge' again. It would seem I have got stuck on FTTC range B (impacted) yet again.
Could this be G.INP? I am on a Huawei modem.
7 REPLIES 7
vindaloojim
Grafter

Re: Extremely slow upload speed

Plusnet, Is nobody going to help?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: vindaloojim
Could this be G.INP? I am on a Huawei modem.

Certainly doesn't fit with anything G,INP related that I've seen so far.  Possibly best to raise as a speed fault (if you haven't already).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
vindaloojim
Grafter

Still no response from PlusNET...
Disgusting service.
@w23
Cheers for the input
davenos
Rising Star

I had a similar issue a while back where my upload dropped from 9mbps to under 1mbps while using a HH5 i disconected that waited just over 30 mins reconnected the Openreach modem and Plusnet router and my upload speed returned to normal,might be worth giving that a try if you have'nt already(by that i mean disconnecting for 30+ mins)
vindaloojim
Grafter

Yet again, still no response from plusnet!!! I've just about had enough.
If plusnet do not even bother to help their customers, or even having the common decency of replying to a customers thread, then why should I bother renewing my contract that expires next month?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I responded to your other thread here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138365.32.html
The ticket has gone back to our Faults team to see if they can locate a issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
locked in favour of existing thread.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'