cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow connection to all webpages.

meyre68
Grafter

Extremely slow connection to all webpages.

Hello,
As of yesterday I'm struggling to connect to webpages... Any webpages. They take ages to load, upto 2 minutes for some. When I finally got the speedtest site to load it claims I have a ping of 23ms, 12.97Mbps down and 0.96Mbps up.
Please run a test because it shouldn't take over a minute to load bbc.co.uk or any other page on fibre!
Things i've done:-
rebooted router and modem
changed ethernet cables
4 REPLIES 4
medric
Dabbler

Re: Extremely slow connection to all webpages.

There seems to be a DNS problem.  Change to another DNS server  for example Google servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
That solved the problem for me.
ArthurDent
Grafter

Strange! I can get into every other website (including this forum) OK, except Plusnet itself, which times out this morning. Perhaps I'm not the only one with a mega-query on my monthly invoice!
ArthurDent
Grafter

Happily, this response prob has been explained on the chit/chat forum. Now all I need to do is get an answer from accounts re my accounting irritation. But this isn't the forum for that particular frustration..
meyre68
Grafter

Sorry been away but at the time it was suggested to me to manually change the DNS in the adapter settings from auto to the Plusnet DNS. That solved my problem.