cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow broadband speed

addnamehere

Extremely slow broadband speed

We've been experiencing very slow broadband speed (hardly hitting 10Mbps) for several days now. I understand times are testing at the moment but we both work from home in key sectors (health + education) and cannot complete many of our tasks due to a bad connection. 

When signed up, we've been given the following guarantee:

At peak times, we estimate that you'll get the following speeds on your line:
Download: 63 - 72Mb
Upload: 17 - 18Mb
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 58.2Mb

Today's speed check is attached.

I'd appreciate some feedback on how to improve our connection if there is anything we can do. 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Extremely slow broadband speed

Welcome to the forums.

I've tested your line and there are two potential issues here.

The main issue is that you are syncing at 21Mbps (0.3Mbps upload). The testing platform shows a potential high resistance fault. Before we do anything further, I'd like you to test your router into the test socket to rule out any internal wiring. If you could please try this and let us know here so we can re-test the line it would be appreciated. If things don't get better, I'd log a fault for you but have to advise that Openreach are prioritising those with no connection at all.

I also wanted to mention that I'd check a wired connection to see if you get nearer the current sync rate of 21Mbps.

The former test is more important though so I know whether or not to log with Openreach.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
addnamehere

Re: Extremely slow broadband speed

Hiya,

Having looked at the troubleshooting videos as well, we cannot access the test socket as our socket is a different type (we've only had it installed in January). It's a "openreach master socket 5c".

We've run a hard wired connection and the three separate speed test with BT wholesale came out at 4mbps (0.1 upload). The wireless is currently coming out below 4mbps (0.07 upload).

Thank you for your help.