cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor speeds

stevekilburn1

Extremely poor speeds

Hi,

New to the community and I must stress I'm not really one to complain. However, I'm currently paying for Plusnet Fibre Extra and getting nowhere near the minimum speeds assured.

Ran a few speed tests (all from ethernet - not WiFi) and with all other devices disconnected/turned off. Getting 35Mbps down and around 17Mbps up. Guaranteed minimum is 50Mbps +. A few months ago, I was consistently getting 54Mbps with a single digit ping.

It appears that loads of people are encountering similar issues. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try?

I have a ticket with support but I don't hold out too much for this (sorry guys). 

Really need an answer as both myself and my wife work from home (again - I'm very certain I'm not alone currently!!).

Any help gratefully received - don't want to leave but getting a tad fed up..  ☹️

Steve

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Extremely poor speeds

Hi there Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, if you feel there is a Speed Fault please raise this online at faults.plus.net.

Thanks - LF