Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Frustrating

khaled75
Dabbler

Extremely Frustrating

Following on from this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Reduction-in-speed/td-p/1381415

I got a call from PN on 8th Nov confirming there was a line fault (copper issue). I was told an external engineer would be out to correct it.  On 9th November, had a few drops in connection and noticed a BT van pulling away from the cabinet.  Test my line and still not back to what it use to be.

Got in touch with PN this morning and they do a line test and confirm there is still an issue with the line (Impairment in copper joint detected) and state another external and am told an external engineer will resolve the issue by the 14th.

An engineer actually showed up to my door a couple of hours later.  He says he doesn't know anything about a line problem and that he's just a broadband engineer and he did a few speed tests and reset my line while here.

He went away without resolving my issue but that's fair enough since he obviously doesn't fix lines. So I get in touch with PN again.  They tell me since the engineer states that there's no fault and that I'm with 80% of what I should be getting, that's all they can do.

What about the fault on my line that you were actually meant to send an engineer to fix? I'm totally baffled. Really shoddy handling of this issue if I'm being perfectly honest.

1 REPLY 1
khaled75
Dabbler

Re: Extremely Frustrating

@Chris could you shed some light on this please?