cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme lag on Games (PS4)

Fibreduck

Extreme lag on Games (PS4)

Hi,

I signed up to Plusnet about a month ago. Unfortunately, since signing up, i've had none stop issues and i've had to call technical support countless times. The first issue I had was that the router was going from a blue to an amber light every 2-3 hours, which has recently stopped as it's now plugged into the test socket. There was a few days where the internet was exceptional, even for gaming. However, the past 2-3 days i've had issues with gaming, where it's been lagging considerably (The game i've been playing is Overwatch on Playstation 4). These are not disconnections, though i'm lagging none stop and not sure why. I can do the usual browsing and watch videos/Streams, although i've been lagging to the point where I can't play online due to the lag. Anyone else having this issue, particularly with the PSN? Thanks, I'm using a plusnet hub one, download speed is 38 Mbps, upload around 1.8 Mbps. 

Edit: Also, the reason why it's plugged into the test socket was due to an issue with the front plate of my master socket, though technical support told me that it's fine being in the test socket. Ever since it was plugged in the test socket, I no longer had disconnections on my router.

4 REPLIES 4
JonnyFu
Grafter

Re: Extreme lag on Games (PS4)

@Fibreduck I would say your problem is related to the packet loss issue here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Continual-intermittent-dropped-packets/td-p/1381001/pa...

Certainly affecting our online gaming with lag and rubber banding, given Plusnet are loosing 1 in 5 packets!

Fibreduck

@JonnyFu wrote:

@Fibreduck I would say your problem is related to the packet loss issue here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Continual-intermittent-dropped-packets/td-p/1381001/pa...

Certainly affecting our online gaming with lag and rubber banding, given Plusnet are loosing 1 in 5 packets!

Thanks yeah, I got in touch with Plusnet via technical support, games are literally unplayable at the moment! You having any issues yourself?

JonnyFu
Grafter

My son is having issues playing or rather now not playing Rainbow Six Siege! 

Fibreduck

Yeah it's being ongoing for 3+ days for a lot of people it seems. I guess all we can do is wait and see for further updates! Thanks for informing me