Did you mean: 

Experiencing several disconnects this morning-Please Check

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Experiencing several disconnects this morning-Please Check

Hi @danludlow,

I'm glad to hear that you've not experienced any drops so far today. If there are any further drops or any other connection issues, please report the fault and let us know when you've done this - we'll then be able to investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Getting disconnects this morning, noticed two in last 2 hours or so. Did not notice any over the weekend, is there Engineering work locally possibly?

Can you check my connection history and post it please?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @danludlow,

I have attached the visual radius graph below. The connection appears to be stable between the router and exchange for the last 3 days and after testing the line there are no planned engineering works or service outages.

If devices that are connected via Ethernet cable are disconnecting, please confirm and we will look towards sending a new router.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Hi Jubby,

Thanks for replying.

I am connected by Ethernet when I lose the connection.

What router do you propose sending?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

We'd send you the Hub One which will replace the Openreach modem and Technicolor router we've sent previously, though if you'd like to go ahead I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to arrange this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

I arranged for a new modem router as you suggested on Friday, Hoping that it comes tomorrow, still getting disconnects, presumably on local network.

Fingers Crossed!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@danludlow

The connection's been stable for nearly two days now, but this looks normal for the history (periods of stability followed by instability). At this stage it's probably best to test with the new router to rule that out before we take the matter any further. It currently isn't marked as dispatched but should be today so you should get it tomorrow/Wednesday.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for your attention JOLO.

I was told on Friday that I'd missed the post for sending out the new Router (Post is collected 11:00 your Customer Service Lady said) " But the good news is that Post is collected on Saturday and it will go out tomorrow".

I received an Email from PlusNet sent this afternoon 5 minutes before you posted your message, it says:

"* We'll email you again to confirm when your order has shipped
* Delivery will take 3-5 working days from dispatch"

Suggests that it hasn't shipped nor even reached the dispatch counter.

Why the delay?????????????

How do you deliver them, on a horse and cart?

Drawn packaged from stock it needs an address on a labelled pre-paid postage sticker, and into the mail sack. I could probably hold my breath longer than it would take.

I'd hoped to see it today, still suffering drops outs, so the fault is at my end since you say you show a stable connection.

It seems that I could wait all week, why is this? Slow dispatch staff or insufficient dispatch staff?  Whatever, it's an easily solvable problem.

Please take a wander by dispatch and ask them to get my router out, they will have my gratitude rather than my ire.

Thanks for listening, rant over.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

The issue isn't related to the delivery, unfortunately it looks like the agent that ordered the router on Friday didn't complete the process properly so I'll pass on some feedback about that. 

The orders take up to 3-5 working days but often arrive much sooner. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks.

She seemed so "on the ball" too, very disappointing.