cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing issues while gaming and streaming.

mcguinness16

Experiencing issues while gaming and streaming.

Hi there. Recently I've been experiencing issues, namely lag, while gaming when my Mrs is streaming something. My console is wired and i have no issues when shes not watching anything, but as soon as she starts streaming anything, whether that be in her phone or anything else, i basically cant play. Plusnet have stated that everything is fine on their end and the issue must be in the house. I get 36mps down and 8 up generally, more than capable of streaming while.gaming without issues. Anyone got any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Experiencing issues while gaming and streaming.

Hey @mcguinness16,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the speed of your services and I apologise for the frustration caused.

I've done a bit of remote testing this morning, your speeds are syncing at 31mbps download and 10mbps upload, while your connection does look a little but bit wobbly (as per the graph below). So you are at the low side of your estimates, can you go through our troubleshooting guide here & let us know how you get on?

mcguinness16

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I've been directed to that video before (have had several phonecalls about this issue) and its seems to be a fairly recent issue as well. As I stated, the issue i have is gaming while streaming, which my speeds suggest I should have no issue with, even at the lower end of my estimated speeds. Im wondering if there is maybe an issue with my router (plusnet hub one).
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to me.

We'll need to do some troubleshooting to try and narrow down the cause of this issue.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here, If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let us know how you get on.