cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expediting Provisioning

Derath
Dabbler

Expediting Provisioning

Hi, I just setup a new line as i'm moving house and was happy to stay with you guys, I was told it would take 2 weeks for the line to go live but I was contacted yesterday and told It won't be live until october 5th (I set this up on sept 11th). I can only imagine this is because the automated ordering system was down at the time I placed my order as it looks like It genuinely wasn't even put into the system until yesterday (this was mentioned in the back and forth in support answers)

Is there any way to speed this up? I'm self employed and can't work without a functioning internet connection and feel slightly aggrieved that the order wasn't even processed until yesterday. A month for a simple transition is just too long. I did try to call provisioning earlier as directed by an online chat agent however the phone queue time was an hour and I really don't have that kind of time available right now. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Expediting Provisioning

Hi there.

Sorry about the delay in placing the order and then the delay to activate your services.

Unfortunately expediting an order isn't a service we offer as they aren't guaranteed and generally don't always work for simultaneous orders where we're activating a phone and broadband service at the same time.

If you reply back over here when you're up and running again we'll be happy to offer you a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Derath
Dabbler

Re: Expediting Provisioning

Just replying to say it did get up and running finally on the 5th but now i'm having a problem getting the right speed (made another question about this as it isn't really related)