cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyday my Internet is disconnected!

mrshaw14
Dabbler

Everyday my Internet is disconnected!

Since I've been with plusnet every single day I'm disconnected atleast 3 times, and i have to sign in to the router, ive reset it, ive factory reset it nothing works, plusnet your not doing me proud!
16 REPLIES 16
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Everyday my Internet is disconnected!

Is this a Hub One: big blue light on the front?

Is your problem that you are losing connection(s) from phones/terminals/etc. to the Hub, or is the Hub losing connection to the internet?To put that another way: when you have the problems, what light is showing on the Hub?

mrshaw14
Dabbler

Yes the hub one, and it flashes either orange or red, but kicks me off the Internet, as I'm typing this I'm using my phones data because its kicked me off again, absolutely useless and I'm now looking into other broadband company's
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @mrshaw14 

It sounds like you have a fault.

It is possible that the fault could be with the Openreach line to your house, if the risk is the fault would not be fixed by moving ISP.

Have you reported the fault to Plusnet and have Openreach investigated the issue?

One method of reporting the fault is to follow the steps at:

https://faults.plus.net

Regards

Richard

mrshaw14
Dabbler

8th time now, ready smash this router into a thousand pieces
massiF
Dabbler

I've been experiencing exactly the same problem in the last 2 weeks. It's not a WIFI problem, the router light goes from blue to flashing red, usually for a couple of minutes.

I tried 3 different sockets in the house, including the master one, but I'm getting the same problem.

It is pretty annoying, of course as I keep losing connection during meetings

Any help?

massiF
Dabbler

Just to add to my above post, the connection dropped 5 times in the last 20 minutes...terrible

RaceFace32

I've just registered here because I have exactly the same problem, at least 5 times a day the line disconnects. It's not Wifi, that remains connected.

Totally unacceptable in 2021 when we're all working and learning remotely!

Been on hold for a while now, hopefully someone will answer the phone and help me!

MrPork
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Have the same problem, go through the Plusnet help system and do a line test. Mine has registered a fault, when I plug an old wired phone into the master socket I hear crackling on the line.

Its a typical problem in my location (Cheltenham) as the phone lines are buried in the pavement, the box will fill with water and the connection gets wet.

21st century technology 🤣

RaceFace32

I've been through the help today and we're having an engineer out. They have identified an issue close to my property so hopefully it can be resolved.

mrshaw14
Dabbler

Still not resolved, plusnet are useless absolutely useless, on and of every morning from day one of having swapped to this company, today Sunday 7/3/2021 it's dropped more times than a prostitutes knickers! 😡
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Have you reported a fault, @mrshaw14 ? Have you carried out the basic test of dialling 17070, option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone?

John
mrshaw14
Dabbler

Anyone else keep having this problem? Today the 21st of March 2021 disconnected every 15 to 20 minutes absolute joke!
mrshaw14
Dabbler

Can't do a basic test, haven't got a phone, only line rental
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Have you reported the problem, then @mrshaw14 - as was suggested quite some time ago? Also, even if you don't use a land line phone, a basic one (~£5/£6 from the likes of Argos) is a very useful tool.

John