cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evening Speed less than on ADSL!

rachgain
Grafter

Evening Speed less than on ADSL!

Hoping our friends in Plusnet can pick this up. Not long changed to Fibre and speed was/is terrific during the day, 37; but in the evening dropped to 3, that's less than I was getting on ADSL??? Puzzled. The changeover went great otherrwise.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Evening Speed less than on ADSL!

Hi rachgain,
Sorry to hear about this.
Line tests don't show me any obvious problems.
Are you connecting over WiFi or with a network cable?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
biglee1974
Grafter

Sounds similar to issues I have been having for the past 4 months...
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141836.0.html
A congested exchange. Oversubscribed by BT Wholesale, with inadequate infrastructure in place to handle the numbers. These guys are not proactive in the slightest. They'll keep filling, speeds will tumble in peak hours, and eventually - if enough people complain - they may do something about it! But from my experience, they put it off as long as possible.
Hopefully your issue is simpler to resolve than mine is turning out, but the important thing is to raise a fault, complain loudly, and keep pushing.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi biglee1974,
We'll be picking that up shortly for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rachgain
Grafter

Hi thanks for the reply, connected over wifi but speed is fine during the day. Can't complain at 37 Megs over wifi . Could it be the exchange and the fact everybody is downloading?  The point is that I had 5 Meg before I switched, though probably hadn't checked at night as waiting for fibre.