cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet drops to No Internet access while WiFi works fine

HelicopterHenry

Ethernet drops to No Internet access while WiFi works fine

A couple of times a day, my PC connected via ethernet to the router loses internet. If i disable the adapter then enable it, it will come back. Or if i wait a couple of minutes it will come back eventually.

Meanwhile the internet is working fine on devices connected via WiFi and doesn't drop at all.

Any ideas?

I'm on the unlimited fibre package which I joined in August 2018. I have the Plusnet Hub One

2 REPLIES 2
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Ethernet drops to No Internet access while WiFi works fine

Hi @HelicopterHenry,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Just to clarify, when you talk about disabling the adapter, are you talking about the network adapter on your PC? My next question would be if the same issue occurs on any other devices connected by Ethernet cable? If you're unable to test another Ethernet connected device, would you be able to try using a different Ethernet cable?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
HelicopterHenry

Re: Ethernet drops to No Internet access while WiFi works fine

@TheMightyAJ wrote:

Hi @HelicopterHenry,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Just to clarify, when you talk about disabling the adapter, are you talking about the network adapter on your PC? My next question would be if the same issue occurs on any other devices connected by Ethernet cable? If you're unable to test another Ethernet connected device, would you be able to try using a different Ethernet cable?

Hi AJ,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes - disabling the network adapter on my PC. There are no other devices connected to Ethernet. But i will change the cable over and see what happens.