cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated speed = 80 Mb. Current speed = 4.8 Mb.

brungio

Estimated speed = 80 Mb. Current speed = 4.8 Mb.

Ops.... Yesterday I got a very nice surprise (attached), after one week of no internet because of the switch and an order placed three weeks ago. I am still surprised...... and I am paying for fibre already.
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Estimated speed = 80 Mb. Current speed = 4.8 Mb.

Hi there,
I can see straight away your service hasn't been upgraded to fibre yet due to our request for simultaneous phone and broadband activation being rejected by our suppliers.
The service is still ADSL for now, however I can see an order is now progressing fine to upgrade the line to fibre on 15/2/16.
With regards to billing we'll make sure that's adjusted when we can see that the fibre service has been activated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
brungio

Thanks Adam!
brungio

An update to this endless story: more than six weeks after my initial order, and after two weeks of broadband setup to replace the halted fibre order, the fibre was finally activated..... However, now there is a technical problem that doesn't let me log into the network from the router. Result: now I have neither broadband nor fiber.  Today should be around the 9th day of complete downtime since I signed up with plusnet.
An engineer will come tomorrow morning to check my line. I hope you guys are able to fix this. If not, I fear what will happen next. I am currently not convinced that after all these problems keeping my contract with plusnet is in my best interest: I work from home, and I do need internet to work. I have several days of discomfort and damages to my work already.
sarczoid
Rising Star

Trust me on this one fella, don't blame plusnet, they are at the mercy of bt openreach.
I used to work in ADSL support straight out of uni, and although Openreach should technically treat all ISPs equally they show service and support Bias to BT... even plusnet will get the cold shoulder compared to BTs main ISP branding when it comes to service.
Doesn't matter who the ISP is really, its down to openreach....
The engineers on site are 99% good lads who do a good job, its just the poor admin, tech support and administration from BT that's the problem

good luck
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see that you're now online and connected, so it looks like the engineer has been able to resolve this earlier today.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
brungio

Yes, I am finally online!
Speed is not optimal yet, but plusnet just switched to the fibre profile.
To be fair, it is OpenReach who is responsible of this mess: they hadn't activated the fibre at the cabinet next to my flat.
Finally!!!