cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated line speed FUBAR

frogfoot
Dabbler

Estimated line speed FUBAR

Hi, I have had Plusnet FTTC 40/20 installed for a fortnight now and so far I am very happy with the service, speeds are consistent with no evidence of congestion.  However this morning I received a confusing email from Plusnet saying the following...
When you signed up for your broadband account, we performed a check on your telephone line to give you an estimated speed your line might achieve.
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.
Estimated line speed: 5.5Mbps
Current line speed: 40Mbps
You can keep a track of your line speed through our website

Needless to say this is somewhat confusing as my estimate provided was in the region of 80Mb/s,  I hope this doesn't come back to bite me if my speed plummets due to a fault, and I get told by support that 'Your connection is still above your estimate so theres nothing we can do'
4 REPLIES 4
benfranklin
Grafter

Re: Estimated line speed FUBAR

The 5.5Mbps estimate is your estimated ADSL speed, not fibre. This is a Plusnet quirk and nothing to be concerned about.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

This has been raised to our developers team previously and is in a queue to be sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
frogfoot
Dabbler

Thanks for the clarification.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

For my own reference more than anything else, problem id 85295
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team