Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Line Speed

jberry3
Dabbler

Estimated Line Speed

Hi

I've noticed recently that when browsing my member centre it shows my estimated line speed and current line speed for my line. The current and estimated speeds are very different and even though it states this may vary, its not even close to lower stated estimated line speed.

I know speeds do fluctuate but would expect the current speed to be nearer the estimate, otherwise whats the point of estimating line speed?

Any ideas before i call up?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Estimated Line Speed

Hi welcome to the forum, The current line speed is the speed profile that Plusnet add at their end and should match the BTW IP Profile which is the speed that your line is currently set to at the fibre cab.

the Plusnet Profile is way off going by the estimate range your line should be within. first thing would be to check the BTW IP profile to see what that is set to, you can do that by going here  http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ 

run the speed test once done pick the "further diagnostic" option enter your phone number and run the test, what your looking for is under Additional Information the result after "IP profile for your line is" post the result here and we can go from there. 

jberry3
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply.

I ran the test and the result IP profile for your line is 25.35 Mbps.

I did run this earlier and it showed about 17 Mbps.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

the IP profile result is much lower than it should be based on your estimate range which suggests a fault, I would get that reported you can do so here https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @jberry3

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems. Our tests are finding a potential line fault, so I'm raising this to Openreach now and I'll update your fault ticket soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet