cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essentials Fibre vs Unlimited Fibre Extra

Reason5
Grafter

Essentials Fibre vs Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi been with Plusnet now for a couple of years now and for most part been quite happy apart from £140 router I had to buy because the one they sent was shit
Anyhow I have had Essentials Fibre  with 40 gig cap and only gone over once or twice due to illness and been laid up in bed for a week or two and had to pay £5
for it  Sad
But just recently got a lodger and he uses his i pad and mobile for a few hours a night but this has left me thinking I'm going to be over my 40 gig limit  every month
and I sat every night trying to stay awake to play online after 12 0clock so as not to eat into my 40gig ...limit and its not working lol
So if I upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra what else do I benefit from apart from it limitless and has anyone else gone from  Essentials Fibre vs Unlimited Fibre Extra
was it any better Huh would like to know over peoples experiences please before I make a decision
jim:red use of disguised swear word removed as per this Forum Rule mod:end
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Essentials Fibre vs Unlimited Fibre Extra

Don't just upgrade online, ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 and see what deal they offer.
You will get a far better experience with no download limit and very likely save some money.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

If Essentials fibre (40/10) does what you want (apart from the 40GB limit), then Fibre Unlimited (at 40/20 and not extra at 80/20) could save a pound or four per month (until the discount stops) Cheesy But, if so, decide which product to get based on the offer you get  Roll_eyes
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Reason5
Grafter

Thank you (jelv )
Well there you go I did manage t get straight through to  Customer Options Team today and spoke to a lovely gentleman buy the name of Luke  
and sorted  me out an glad to say ill be staying with Plusnet for another two years on condition that my service & speed does not change  Smiley So fingers
crossed next two weeks all goes smoothly .... One happy customer
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm glad Luke has managed to sort you out.
Let us know if you have any problems, but I'm sure everything will go smoothly now.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Reason5
Grafter

Let you know if there's any problems lol
Yeah reduced my line speed by Half after telling on the phone it wont change !! but cleverly emailing me telling my line speed would be 40meg  a week later
Tide me in for 24months and then want to charge what I'm paying now for Half the line speed ..... Great customer service I will be on Monday returning the
favor by Cancelling with Plusnet altogether due to there dishonest Sales Staff Angry
What should of happened was I would of been happier paying what I pay for already and kept the service and line speed and retained me as a long standing customer by lifting the stupid 40 meg restriction
Instead of trying to get me thinking I was saving money ... lie to me and reduce my service and line speed and then charge me the same rate for Half the service I'm getting now 24 month later.....
How stupid do you think I am ?
Not happy at all !!!!!
Reason5
Grafter

Yes woke up this morning still feel mad as hell about this . . .  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
If I new this was going to happen I would of stayed with Essentials Fibre and the worst thing of all there charging me more
now for less  !! Looks like Ill go ahead and cancel everything on Monday feel well and truly [removed] over
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Avoidance of swear filter removed as per forum rule.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Something has gone wrong as you should not be seeing those speeds. Can you post the results from the BT diagnostic speed test http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do and the current line speed given by https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed please.
Also could you confirm you are seeing those speeds when using a wired connection to the router.
Edit: If the direct link to the BT diagnostic test fails try http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and when the first pass completes click Further Diagnostics.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Reason5
Grafter

Well I just like to say first that there are some wonderful and Helpful people at  Plusnet and on the Forum , However I spoke to somone today but
I need to get back intouch with Customer Options Team tomorrow morning ASP ... And don't think its fair to post or be seen to be Ranting on hear till
it's been delt due to the nature of it now however I have taken screen shots of Billing & Email Contracts just incase .
Just hope I get a good response on Monday morning .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately it looks like there was a problem on the old account which meant you were actually seeing higher speeds than you should have been, therefore when you spoke to our customer options team they advised (in good faith) that your speed wouldn't change, this is because your old account was also supposed to be up to 40Mbs.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.