cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalate Failed Switch From BT

rbz5416
Grafter

Escalate Failed Switch From BT

I was supposed to switch from BT yesterday but the switch hasn't completed successfully. I cannot connect to Plusnet but I am still connected to BT. This is almost certainly an Openreach issue as the same thing happened last time I switched from Vodafone to BT.

The Hub light is blue but I can't connect with Plusnet credentials. So it looks like I'm not connected to your gateway.

Spoke to Support yesterday who confirmed there was an issue & made all the right noises about referring to Openreach & would get back to me, but didn't. Just called for an update & getting nowhere. First Support rep couldn't understand the issue. Gave up & called back to be told it's not a Support issue & I need to speak to Provisioning. Twenty minutes on hold later & it's not a Provisioning issue & I need to speak to Support...

So now I'm back with Support who again have no knowledge of the call yesterday & want me to start basic troubleshooting all over again. He's just cut me off.

I did try to log the fault online. Typed a full description of the issue & got Error when I submitted. Clicked on Go Back & all the text was lost.

14 REPLIES 14
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Escalate Failed Switch From BT

Hi @rbz5416

Please accept our apologies for the issue with your service.

The fault report you submitted which encountered an error has been submitted and I have escalated it to the correct team.

In the meantime please click here and try following this guide on connecting your BT home hub.

If this does not resolve the fault and you have followed the steps in the broadband troubleshooter please await contact from our faults team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
rbz5416
Grafter

Thanks but I'm deeply concerned that there appears to be absolutely no record of the extensive conversation & trouble-shooting carried out yesterday with "Daniel".

I can also find no way to view tickets via the web site other than by a direct link in in an email.

All tickets prior to today are not visible.

Your automated phone system tells me that the service isn't live yet.

The whole thing is a mess & I while I accept that this is almost certainly an Openreach issue, I will now start researching alternatives as I have little faith in obtaining a resolution through Plusnet.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi and welcome.

I've checked the order and it's complete. I'm now testing the line and I'll provide further information shortly.

To see your tickets, go to portal.plus.net and login.

Under the 'Help & Support' heading, you'll see "View your questions". Click that.

You should then see ...

"Open Questions

You currently have no open questions

Closed Questions"

Below this you'll see "I want to view " with a dropdown box. Selection the appropriate option and click "Go".

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

A little further news. I've been speaking with Openreach since I made my last post.

I'm told that "I have chekced in the system and can see there are two assets active for the same telephone no". This is correct, and I saw this myself.

"I will be raising a ORDI on this so that the issue will be solved So, I request you to allow next 48 working hours and please review back on 21/08/2018 for the updates"
This means that he's raised it to another team in Wholesale to progress it for you. Unfortunately, this isn't something that I'm able to expedite. I've escalated your support ticket to the social media workflow though so we can keep an eye on it and chase as required.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
rbz5416
Grafter

To see your tickets, go to portal.plus.net and login.

Under the 'Help & Support' heading, you'll see "View your questions". Click that.

You should then see ...

"Open Questions

You currently have no open questions

Closed Questions"

Below this you'll see "I want to view " with a dropdown box. Selection the appropriate option and click "Go".

Thanks Tony but I see no View Questions, just a grid of pink panels linking to phone, broadband, mobile, etc.

But I have now found the Closed questions link though through an email & that confirms that absolutely nothing was recorded by Daniel yesterday. Angry

Glad that we've now confirmed an Openreach issue as I suspected & understand that it's now out of Plusnet's control beyond their SLA to you.

Is #181163515 from 07:05 this morning referencing BT circuit numbers of relevance?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thanks for coming back.

The last few times that I've tried to enter ticket history, the site has been slow to load, but that might just be on my own account. You should see a white screen, and eventually the further details will load.

Anyway, I've looked through your account history and I don't see any notes from Daniel. All people who look at an account leave an electronic footprint, so I know when he looked for you, and this make feedback so much easier.

The ticket you reference is just automation adding the BBEU onto the account. As it had already been entered, and replaced itself with the same BBEU it's fine. Had the BBE number been different, I may have been a little more worried.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
rbz5416
Grafter

Seems we were at crossed purposes. I was clicking Help & Support on the top banner rather than the one buried down the page!

I'll wait for the OR monster to awaken from it's slumbers & see what materialises.

Thanks again for your help.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

No problems. I just want the team to keep a close eye on it next week, just in case we need to escalate any further. If anything does go wrong though (and it won't, because I have full confidence in our supplier), give us a shout here so we can chase it for you rather than hanging on the phone.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
rbz5416
Grafter

@plusnettony wrote:

A little further news. I've been speaking with Openreach since I made my last post.

I'm told that "I have checked in the system and can see there are two assets active for the same telephone no". This is correct, and I saw this myself.

"I will be raising a ORDI on this so that the issue will be solved So, I request you to allow next 48 working hours and please review back on 21/08/2018 for the updates"
This means that he's raised it to another team in Wholesale to progress it for you. Unfortunately, this isn't something that I'm able to expedite. I've escalated your support ticket to the social media workflow though so we can keep an eye on it and chase as required.

As Openreach have failed to resolve this yet, can you please advise exactly what "two assets" means in lay terms while we wait?

For the record, the ticket is being regularly updated so it looks like things are in hand, just that OR have failed to meet their deadline.

Jubby
All Star

Hi @rbz5416

An asset would relate to the broadband asset being provided on the line. Therefore, Openreach have detected two broadband orders which are complete in their systems for the same circuit but this is likely a data integrity issue.

As you are already aware, I will get in contact with Openreach later today to check for an update on the ORDI request.

Thanks

Lewis G
rbz5416
Grafter

Thanks Lewis. Can we ascertain the originators of the two orders? I did have to cancel a prior Plusnet order due to confusion between PN & BT over exactly which services were being migrated. Just curious if this is the original BT order & the current Plusnet one or two Plusnet orders.

Jubby
All Star

Hi again @rbz5416

I can only see one order which completed in our front-end supplier system, this must be a back-end data integrity issue in which I cannot confirm either scenario to be correct.

Thanks

Lewis G
rbz5416
Grafter

I'm up & running following the OR visit. Apparently the ports in the cab are mislabelled so I was connected to the wrong one. Not sure how that explains me being to still connect to BT though.

I've updated the ticket & requested a final line test & DLM reset before closing. Sync speed is OK but the connection is interleaved. It also takes an absolute age to sync & then authenticate.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's working.

Unfortunately we can only reset DLM if it's restricting your sync speeds.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team