cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Englishrick issue (from Re: Any capacity issues?)

englishrick
Grafter

Englishrick issue (from Re: Any capacity issues?)

Quote from: Terranova667
The problem there is the Estimate your given is not set in stone and is basically useless  for example before i joined Plusnet my estimate was 67Mb it remained that way when i joined,  it stayed that way for three months until i got a line fault  in which the estimate was dropped down to 34Mb and such plusnet / BTW were not inclined to do anything to get the loss of speed i had gotten back because i was still over the new Estimate that had been imposed on the line, I argued that wasn't the estimate i had when i signed up but it didn't matter they would only go by what it had changed to, it has since risen up a little to 42Mb still far from the 67Mb it was.

I have the same problem as you @ Terranova667. Been having an intermittent line fault for months now... Fibre was syncing at 77.43mb for a year and now its down to just below 60mb... PN/BT say that's all my line is capable of.....HOGWASH.. I was getting 77.43mb before..Utter lier's
adie:green changed topic title.
8 REPLIES 8
englishrick
Grafter

Re: Any capacity issues?

Quote from: bustermissy1961
I don't know how they can say that's the max you can get when you had 77.43mb, the only thing surely is more people being on the exchange so why wouldn't they increase the capacity.

As I have said all along @bustermissy1961. No capacity left so take some sync of some and we have more customers hence more money.....GREED
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can we try to keep this thread on topic please. Sync speeds, G.INP, speed estimates etc are not what this thread is for.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
englishrick
Grafter

Well obviously my post is about capacity Chris.... Connection wont sync above 60mb now where as I was getting 77.43mb sync for almost a year... Somethings wrong somewhere and its not my end
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's the *sync* of your line, nothing at all to do with capacity. The sync can (and likely will) change over time as more users in your area take up fibre.
There's a very good explanation of crosstalk here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133558.msg1168805.html#msg1168805
I appreciate that you have had faster speeds previously, but if your line is still within the estimated range (http://dslchecker.bt.com/) there is little we can do as any fault we try to raise will get rejected.

Although if you have a crackle on the phone line this is likely to be causing you issues on the speeds, that needs fixing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

englishrick - It has been politely suggested on the thread that you started about your issues that your phone line needs to be fixed and clear of crackles before your broadband speed can be expected to come good.  Spamming other threads about speed issues isn't going to get it sorted...
InterZoom
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: englishrick
As I have said all along @bustermissy1961. No capacity left so take some sync of some and we have more customers hence more money.....GREED

In fairness to PlusNet, it's likely to do with the difficulty of sorting out the issue with Openreach, in actual fact.
PlusNet have been very good at sorting out my own line fault, I must say. Really very good.
However, I have emails from Openreach about it which give me some insight into just how difficult a job that liaison might be...
---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
That's the *sync* of your line, nothing at all to do with capacity. The sync can (and likely will) change over time as more users in your area take up fibre.
There's a very good explanation of crosstalk here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133558.msg1168805.html#msg1168805
I appreciate that you have had faster speeds previously, but if your line is still within the estimated range (http://dslchecker.bt.com/) there is little we can do as any fault we try to raise will get rejected.

Although if you have a crackle on the phone line this is likely to be causing you issues on the speeds, that needs fixing.

The crackle has been intermittent for months Chris, internet connection only been knackered for a few weeks... work that one out.. Anyhow, Im out of here. I shall be moving to pastures new until Virgin Media comes to our area next year..tata
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Re: Any capacity issues?

mod:note
posts split to try and keep the other thread on topic
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'