English please

FIXED
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: English please

Hi @riky,

Speed estimates could vary due to the distance from your exchange, quality of the phone line, capacity factors and so on. We can only ensure to raise it for an investigation if it drops below the minimum guaranteed speed. Your profile speed is not capped and no faults have been detected when tested recently. You have a long line which is no wonder why your speeds are fluctuating but it is not a cause for concern currently as it is above the minimum guaranteed speed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
riky
Grafter

@EmilyD  Sorry it has taken so long to get back but my speeds dropped again to just under 17.

So I have been waiting for it to be fixed.

This morning I have a line speed of over 24 and a throughput speed of 22

But I am still on the borrowed router.

I tried changing back to the new router yesterday after the fix and it although the line speed showed correct the throughput speed only registerted 10.

So if you can arrange a new router I would be greatful

I did intend asking the engineer yesterday to report it but he never entered the house.

I saw him down the hole sorting out the wiring but then he just jumped in his van and left 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @riky

I've retested the line and things are looking okay from here.

Before we send out another router can you go through the wireless troubleshooting I've added to your fault ticket?

I'm conscious of the fact that the borrowed router you were using may be on a different wireless channel which is why the speeds are poor.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
riky
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler  have updated the ticket

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @riky,

I've checked over your reply but just for clarification did you have a go at changing the channels as you've not confirmed that in your reply. If not, please give it a go and as Matt mentions It also may be worth downloading a WiFi analyser app on your phone as this can tell you which wireless channel is best in your area.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

riky
Grafter

@Mads  Hi I havent tried it yet as it was only last Friday the line speed was fixed again so I dont fancy messing about swapping routers till it has settled down. Give it another week and I will give it a go.👍 Currently it is dropping out most nights/early morning without me adding to it and making it worse🙁

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks @riky, please let us know when you've been able to give that a try.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
riky
Grafter

Yes I have tried it.

It did not make any odds I have sent the speedtest results to my ticket.

The only thing that has happened is that since doing it my router dropped out after a couple of hours and the line speed dropped another 2 mb +

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @riky

I have updated the ticket on your account. You can view and respond to the ticket here.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team