Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit. Charge

Vipermac
Dabbler

Engineer visit. Charge

Hello

I had troubles with my fibre optic unlimited broadband for a while now. Poor speeds and constant dropouts that I couldn’t fix my self. So I raised a ticket within the Plusnet broadband troubleshooter. I know that it might result in an engineer coming to visit so I have just one question. If I do get charged will it be on top of my regular bill or a completely separate bill? Or do I have to pay in hand? I just want to get this problem sorted ASAP since I had nothing but a good experience with Plusnet. Ever since I upgraded to fibre optic unlimited it has just been a bit of a mess altogether.

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Engineer visit. Charge

HI if you were to be charged it's on top of your regular bill I think but i have never been charged so can't say for sure, as long as you follow the troubleshooter and any advice from the Plusnet staff you should be fine as it's to make sure the issue isn't within your home as that is where it can lead to a charge.   

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

As long as you still get problems when router plugged into the Test Socket within the Openreach Master socket,
you'll be ok. If the problem is downstream of this ie house wiring, you'll be charged.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do charges apply if no fault found ?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you've been having connection issues.

I'll get the fault you've raised picked up shortly and I'll update your account with the next steps.

With regards to the charge we advise that "If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer"

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team