cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show, apparently order wasn't placed.

2brains

Re: Engineer no show, apparently order wasn't placed.

You are not alone with this problem, I have just had the exact same experience yesterday !!
Ordered FIbre online (without phoneline) and arranged for a day off work to be at home for the installation. Order went through online, engineer no show, called up and told the automated system hasn't correctly placed the order (of course there was no issue taking the first payment!)
I got a sorry and another 9 day wait for a new appointment, which I will have to take another holiday day off from work to be in for  Angry
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You are entitled to claim a days pay for the second day you had to take off: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gordy
Grafter

Matthew, many thanks for sorting this out. Much appreciated!
gordy
Grafter

Thanks too to everyone else for the replies. It would appear this was indeed all cause by my phone switch happening at the same time so if anyone else is switching their phone to Plusnet at the same time as ordering a fibre package make sure they hold off on scheduling the phone swap until after the fibre goes live.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's all up and running.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
paulac123
Dabbler

So  pleased I read all the comments on here, I was thinking of upgrading to Fibre but not now. Sad
Hamster
Dabbler

What I am wondering is why phone transfer and fibre installation can't go togther as in the case of the phone, there's no physical change at the exchange as far I am aware changing from BT to Plusnet.  In my own case I had to wait 3 weeks before the phone transfer took place after the fibre was installed last November although I have to say both transfers went through faultlessly with no problems since [famous last words?!!]
Rod
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@paulac123
You already have phone with us so you wouldn't be affected by this if you upgraded to fibre. If you still have concerns feel free to upgrade and I'll keep a eye on it.
@Hamster
Unless both orders are placed as part of a simultaneous order it can cause issues however this was down to agent error in this case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Hamster
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew but the point I was trying to make that it didn't seem possible to provide a simultaneous order and I was told the phone *had* to wait until the fibre was installed.  I was already on Plusnet ADSL and BT phone and it would have been convenient if both transfers had been done together as my line rental saver with BT had finished so I had to keep paying the *full* line rental to BT longer than I'd wanted to and then I had to pay the *full* line rental to Plusnet despite having paid the line rental saver amount to PN as this 'could not' take effect until my next billing date apparently - would have been better if it could have taken place when my phone was transferred from BT given that I had already paid it!!  It does seem the PN systems are maybe not very optimised!  No complaints otherwise I have to say!