cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show, apparently order wasn't placed.

gordy
Grafter

Engineer no show, apparently order wasn't placed.

Hi there
I phoned up and upgraded to fibre a few weeks back, booked the engineer appointment, got the email about it, moved my phone over to Plusnet too at the same time. So far so good.
Today was my appointment, "am" as it said. Nobody appeared so I contacted support on the live chat thing to see if they could look into it and the agent tells me the order never actually went through!! So there was no engineer booked to do it today after me taking the day off work and changing childcare to facilitate it.  Angry
He says he'll pass it to the orders team to book a new appointment but is that going to entail another big wait after already waiting 2 weeks? Is there anyone on here who could give me an idea of what actually happened and, more importantly, how long I'm probably going to have to wait to get it resolved? The village is overrun with BT vans just now as the cabinet just went live a few weeks back so I'm assuming the mention of "first available engineer slot" could be a long wait?  Angry
Cheers
23 REPLIES 23
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Engineer no show, apparently order wasn't placed.

Sorry to see that happen and sadly your not the first, Plusnet really need to look into their customer service and systems when things go wrong, it's always left to the Customer to go chasing up why something hasn't happened, granted at times it's the Engineer not bothering to turn up but  if the order didn't go through in the first place you would think the system would flag that and then have someone contact said customer and notify them for that fact.
GazProm

I've heard some horrific stories where people who relied on an internet connection for business were disconnected and for some reason their engineer appointment cancelled with the nearest one given 3 months later!
I don't understand why they can't just send out a combined VDSL router so that the engineer only needs to do the switching in the local exchange box and you can just plug in and go. It seems like a huge waste of money and resources to have engineers come to people's houses. Surely a VDSL box would work out cheaper?
Who pays for the engineer to do their work for every single client of an ISP? I imagine it's the ISP.
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

There does seem to be quite a few of these of late.  Sad
Let's be careful out there !
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

If you have the time it will be worth phoning customer support to complain LOUDLY, probably first thing on Monday morning! You maybe offered some compensation & depending where the fault lies, PN may also be able to escalate an engineer visit. Either way, a very depressing start to your time as a PN customer.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: GazProm
I don't understand why they can't just send out a combined VDSL router so that the engineer only needs to do the switching in the local exchange box and you can just plug in and go. It seems like a huge waste of money and resources to have engineers come to people's houses. Surely a VDSL box would work out cheaper?

That's how BT retail work. I moved from PN ADSL to BT fibre on the 15th. Received the BT Homehub a few days before changeover, on the day had SMS and email that the work had been completed in the cabinet and exchange. Got home plug the homehub in it connected with the maximum sync (40/10) and nearly 2 weeks later it has not lost connection.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Unfortunately both orders failed due to the pending phone transfer that we had in place.
We shouldn't have placed both at the same time as it should be one then the other.
I'm feeding this back and getting you a new order placed now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gordy
Grafter

You kidding?!
So what happens now? I'm assuming I'll have at least a two week wait for the new appointment to roll along? Or is there a way this can be escalated?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Matthew
Unfortunately both orders failed due to the pending phone transfer that we had in place.

Plusnet really need to get something in place to let customers know if orders fail (or are delayed) for any reason.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Plusnet really need to get something in place to let customers know

Totally agree w23. Some decent STAFF TRAINING also wouldn't go amiss!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I agree it's not acceptable and like I stated I've fed it back.
With regards to the appointment I'm looking into expediting it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gordy
Grafter

Thank you looking into it. Sorry to sound so blunt I had just had to make quite a bit of provision for the engineer to visit so was a little peeved about it all!
After reading your post this morning I had phoned up the support line to see what was happening and where I stood, apologies if this was treading on your toes, I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to warn you that the guy I spoke to was attempting to get an engineer appointment in case a similar thing happens with two appointments getting booked for the same thing by different people!
Any help in getting an appointment is much appreciated, thanks.
I should add, on the subject of feedback, both the people I spoke with on the phone over Friday and today had no knowledge the packages had changed speeds, I was making sure I would still be on the old 40/20 account rather than the new 40/2 account that came in to being a day or so after I asked for the switch!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You will definitely be on the 40/20 package as you agreed to the upgrade before the change.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gordy
Grafter

Thanks again Matthew.
Did you get my text reply with the three dates I'd be available for installation?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yup just sorting it out now.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team