cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer been/gone..no internet!

Davidreckitt
Dabbler

Engineer been/gone..no internet!

Plusnet have been awful start to finish. However finally i get an engineer (contractor) to fit the router modem and set my internet up. Lights are blinking, he shoves a small box with screen to say 'how did i do?'...i was told all was in order but (salient point here) you have to wait 15 minutes before trying to get online. I give thumbs up and engineer scarpers.
Guess what..little red light says ypu have no internet (apparently i should have 79 meg speed fibre here)....several hours later still nothing. Turned off then on nothing. Callled the engineer he said nothing to do with him.
Plusnet your shit but if anyone who has experienced this already could you let me know if there's snything i can do short of waiting on the phone for An hour to be told i eill have to book another engineer and wait say..another week?Huh
Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Engineer been/gone..no internet!

It sounds like a bad install to me rather than something Plusnet themselves did wrong.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The account on our side has been activated in the last few minutes, can you try reconnecting again please?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

If that works, then some feedback to the CS agent is needed.
Davidreckitt
Dabbler

Okay
I wrote my post as i was waiting to be connected to service dept. Nicole was very upbeat and has made the thing work. So i must say well done. I was negative but the experience thus far had not been great. I am also impressed with the speed of response from you guys on here.
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry you had to contact us about this, normally the account would activate itself on the morning of the engineer visit so no delays are incurred, this didn't happen on this occassion.
@AndyH
Not sure which CS Agent you mean? My understanding was that Davidreckitt contacted the engineer who said it was down to us and when we were contacted the account was activated?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

@ Chris - Sorry, I misread what the OP wrote. I thought he'd spoken to support and was told he'd need another engineer.
Davidreckitt
Dabbler

I was under the impression that once the engineer was finished you were done. The account has to be activated with a long wait call to CS? Anyway im on so happy..speed is great Smiley
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Those contract fitters are terrible. I remember mine wanted to pretty much throw my Openreach modem at me and leave. I had to keep asking and asking for him to do stuff and he was very put out by it. Wouldn't answer any questions either always coming back with 'don't know what you're talking about' At least when Openreach come out they seem to know what they're doing.
At least you got connected anyway 🙂
Starmans
Grafter

Unfortunately that is what can happen with the contractors who are paid on a per job basis rather than a normal day rate like an OR engineer.
KatC
Grafter

@ Davidreckitt
Happy to hear you got this sorted  Smiley
jeffers
Grafter

EDIT - sorted
mlmclaren
Grafter

When Openreach came to activate my connection he said they didn't mount the modems on the wall anymore and that it was my job...
I know they don't have to be wall mounted but he was still incorrect but that worked fine for me as I've now banned companies like Openreach and Virgin Media from doing work on my property due to the major screw ups in the past and the one where the openreach engineer broke one of my back boxes by trying to screw the faceplate in place using a self tapping wood screw in a metal back box.