cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Sureguard - DNS Issues

mikeg1bson
Dabbler

Enabling Sureguard - DNS Issues

I have been experiencing some DNS issues and to circumvent these, I enabled Sureguard in the belief that this would result in my router DNS settings being changed to those of the Sureguard DNS. 

I followed the instructions, enabling Sureguard and then rebooting my router a couple of hours later - I rebooted again after that as the settings on the router had not changed.

However, the DNS settings on my router have still not changed to those for Sureguard DNS - is this something else that does not work?

6 REPLIES 6
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Enabling Sureguard - DNS Issues

Yes this is yet another component that does not work

(SafeGuard btw)

My guess is this is all related to the account/billing 'update' from September 2018. Plusnet are aware of this SG issue and the only info they divulge is that it's being worked on with no timescale as to when it will be fixed.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @mikeg1bson, I'm sorry that you're having issues with the Safeguard. I've flagged this up to the relevant team for you, though given it's a bank holiday weekend I'd advise that it likely won't be picked up until mid next week.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
shazzbot
Rising Star

I've had to use opendns because for some reason plus.net dns upsets my TP-Link internet plug.  DNS just randomly flakes out.

CaptKeech
Hooked

Ive been having DNS issues for weeks now;  failure to lookup; called tech support not much happening is all I can say;   after been a customer for such a long time now;  I think its time to move on, been very disappointed over the last year

CaptKeech
Hooked

Ive been having DNS issues for weeks now; failure to lookup; called tech support not much happening is all I can say; after been a customer for such a long time now; I think its time to move on, been very disappointed over the last year

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @CaptKeech

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that you've discussed the DNS issue with my colleague via a ticket here. Could you let me know if resetting the router helped?

Thanks

Dave