Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebuyer Not Accesible

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Ebuyer Not Accesible

Ebuyer.com uses the CDN provider "akamai" to serve web content.
Using a DNS server located in Germany is not ideal for accessing UK content  served via CDN.
quite a good list here https://thesimplecomputer...-of-dns-service-providers
"DNS.Watch
The company and DNS servers are located in Germany."
shylok
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It was not an issue before, i have tried using Plusnet & Google DNS but the site is still not loading, i always thought it was your IP Address that determines your location & not the DNS servers?
Plusnet have bought IP Addresses based in USA looking at this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130918.0.html but considering that Ebuyer is not a website dependant on location it should be accessible worldwide
buseng12
Grafter

Quote from: shylok

Plusnet have bought IP Addresses based in USA looking at this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130918.0.html but considering that Ebuyer is not a website dependant on location it should be accessible worldwide

Don't we know it as well!
Causing no end of problems, National Lottery site for one, I also have issues with another site as well which I have mentioned on here.
Reading the linked topic it is affecting people's credit rating as well because applications for credit cards fail because the location isn't right..
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: shylok
It was not an issue before, i have tried using Plusnet & Google DNS but the site is still not loading, i always thought it was your IP Address that determines your location & not the DNS servers?

I don't know if it's the cause of you present problem, that's for you to determine, just saying it's not ideal for accessing CDN content. And ebuyer.com is using a CDN provider.
DNS servers resolve your lookup to a CDN server closest to themselves, this may not be the server closest to you or even one in the UK.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I think Google DNS and OpenDNS fixed that issue with big CDNs like Akamai quite a while ago. For img.ebyrcdn.net, PN DNS gives 23.43.56.163, Google DNS and OpenDNS give 172.228.69.32, but the traceroute to either of those IP addresses is the same length.
shylok
Rising Star

Looking at my tracert / ping test on the previous page where my IP is 31.185.135.x why is 89.107.44.190 listed? Ebuyer are asking for my source IP & further info that can help them solve the issue, also why does 89.107.44.190 not load?
It would also be useful if a Plusnet rep looked into this to see if there are issues with some of their IP addresses preventing the website from loading since its an on-going problem that will probably affect other plusnet customers
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I guess ebuyer must think they might be blocking your IP somehow, I guess that's why they're asking you what it is.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

89.107.44.190 is ebuyer.com IP address.
Have you got another router, or can you use your laptop on another internet source? Or get someone else to try on your router? I am more inclined to think its there that has the problem.
shylok
Rising Star

I dont have another router, my mobile phone can get on the site using its mobile network but not via the wifi / router. Im connecting my router to an ECI modem.
I've rebooted & my IP address has changed to 146.200.43.X but still Ebuyer does not load, neither did 80.189.18.x & 31.185.135.x
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Just tried ebuyer.com and loading fine. Sounds like a very local issue. Maybe you have it on a blacklist. Have you tried downloading another browser from new and see what happens? Wouldn't have thought it qualified for parental control until you come to order stuff  Grin
Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
shylok
Rising Star

I've not blacklisted anything, i tried IE on my desktop & other browsers on my tablet & phone, its definitely an IP issue & not a browser or DNS issue, the problem is with either Plusnet or Ebuyer, i don't think theres anything i can do to resolve it from my end, which is why i'd like a Plusnet rep to look into it
shylok
Rising Star

Plusnet, Ebuyer have told me they have emailed you about this matter, however PN say they are not aware of any issues, it would be helpful if you noted this post & worked with Ebuyer to solve what the problem is
Ebuyer email to Plusnet:
"I have reasons to believe that some of the broadband products that you are offering to your customers are preventing them from displaying and browsing our website: www.ebuyer.com. Is there any one at your end who’d like to have a quick chat about the problems that your broadband customers are reporting to our teams at ebuyer?"
PN replied:
"Hello, we're not aware of any issues with Ebuyer and we've not heard any customers reporting this to us. If they're having problems accessing the site, then could you please advise them to contact us, so we can gather a report on this to see if they're linked, or coincidence ^DR"
SK
shylok
Rising Star

I've now bought a new modem / router TP-Link Vr2600 with the broadcom modem to match my Huawei cab & to replace my separate ECI modem. I can now reach Ebuyer, i recall back to the end of last year when i was trialling their previous router modem VR900 i could also access Ebuyer but not when im using the ECI modem, strange.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, was the MTU size correctly configured on your previous router?

ie. 1492

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
shylok
Rising Star

Not sure without setting it back up again but i think thats default, just checked my new VR2600 router & thats set at 1480 by default