Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early activation

FIXED
Josephreed17
Hooked

Early activation

Hi I have recently made a new account with plusnet after being with them as recently as last month.

I was wondering if I’m able to get my line activated early as I’m working for
Home for the summer and need internet asap. My router has the green broadband light on so everything seems to be okay on that side of things! Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
Josephreed17
Hooked

Re: Early activation

Also, if it helps I have exactly the same package as I did before hand, so can see there being much work needed behind the scenes!
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Josephreed17 

I'm afraid that we do not have the ability to bring activation dates forward. 

Updates on the installation and activation of your services will be provided by out provisioning team via tickets to you account. 

Sorry that this isn't the reply you were looking for Sad 

Hope it doesn't cause too much inconvenience for you. 

All the best 

Josephreed17
Hooked

No problem.

What I don’t understand is, my old account was deleted by plusnet without warning, I was between jobs and couldn’t afford the payment I phoned and got a week long grace period. When the grace period ended my account was deleted.

If I still had that account I’d be able to make payment and services would be back up and running instantly, but because I have a new account I now have to wait even though I have the same package going to the same address
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Fix

Hi @Josephreed17 

Just been speaking to a colleague and we think that there is a chance we could get this circuit up and running, due to the fact that you have a solid Broadband Light and we are seeing that you have Sync from our side.

I'ver made some changes on our side - can you try and establish a connection for us? 

Just as a heads up, if you are using your old router you will need to change the credentials inside it to your new account username and password, you can find out how to do this here if you don't already know. 

There is a good chance it will work but it may not and we'll need to wait until the order completion date if it doesn't.

Fingers crossed this works for you 

Please let us know. 

Josephreed17
Hooked

Thanks for the reply @MasterOfReality

Around 11pm last night I noticed that the the dsl light on my modem had come on and my internet light is also red.

I can’t see how to change my credentials on that link, maybe I missed something?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Josephreed17 I think this link https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/ is the one you need if you're using your own router

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Josephreed17
Hooked

@MisterW

I’m using the plusnet tg582n router

After a bit of looking around I found this page, am I on the right place?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Josephreed17 Yup, that's the right place. Normally a PN supplied router will auto-configure as it's 'linked' to the account by serial no. In your case the router will be linked to the old account and therefore you need to manually set the new account details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Josephreed17
Hooked

@MasterOfReality @MisterW

Issue solved! Thanks fo your help!

Do I just plug my new router in like normal when it’s arrives?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Josephreed17 given that your current router is a TG582N and you're on a Fibre connection, I assume you have it connected via a BT modem?. Your new router will be (I assume) be a Hub One, this has a built-in VDSL modem and so you can replace both the BT modem and TG582N with the one unit.

The new router will be associated with your new account and so should auto-configure when plugged in.

Josephreed17
Hooked

Yes currently using the modem and I will be recieving a hub one. I recieved a text this morning saying it’s on the way!
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @MasterOfReality as per message #5.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear this has worked and you're up and running now! Thumbs_Up

When you receive the Hub One it should work automatically.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance at all.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet