Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Activation please, router is picking up background connection

FIXED
ozbozz81

Early Activation please, router is picking up background connection

Hello.

My broadband activation date isn't until Monday/Tuesday but my PlusNet hub is picking up the background connection apparently. The light is solid blue with no errors using the setup@plusdsl.net login credentials.

I spoke to CS but they said they can't activate my account on a weekend even though it appears all the work has been done on my line as the router is picking up a solid 80mbps downstream and 20mbps upstream I just can't use it as when I enter my account login details it won't connect.

It connects just fine with the setup login.

Would a PN Tech Support person be able to kindly activate my account at your end as we've been waiting 3 weeks to get this far and my kids are going a little crazy.

Many thanks,
Paul
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Early Activation please, router is picking up background connection

Fix

Hi Paul.

We've looked into this and it looks like your activation was done early by our suppliers despite the order is still showing a committed date of 25/06/2018.

I've therefore activated your account on our side. If you're unable to connect today, I'd recommend waiting until Monday for the order to complete as we're unable to raise a fault or investigate this further until that happens.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Anoush

[edit]

We have lift off.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ozbozz81

DUDE!! Thankyou so much!

It's working great now! You Sir, are my hero. Why the lady in CS on the phone couldn't do that for me I have no idea but thankyou for doing it yourself and for doing it so quickly!

You are my saviour, thankyou!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Woo-hoo, I'm glad to hear that!

No problems at all, though some of the credit goes to @Darkfire who identified that the engineering work had actually been completed.

To celebrate this moment:

Image result for woo-hoo
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still