cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Website

coc
Hooked

EE Website

Hi, Does anyone have any issues with the ee.co.uk website?

I'm unable to open it while connected to plusnet on mutilple PC's & Phones. but once I turn off wifi on the phones it works, and on a VPN it works.

It just shows a blank white page while connected to plusnet.

18 REPLIES 18
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: EE Website

@coc Welcome to the forums. Do you mean https://ee.co.uk/ ? If so, I have no problems. Do you have any adblockers or similar?

John
coc
Hooked

Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

No I don't have an add blocker on, I have tried multiple browsers over a few PC's / Laptops and still just the black white screen.

I'f I turn a vpn on (just digibit on my computer) then I can see the webpage. turn it off again and it goes back to the white page.

I have installed the EE app on my phone and that works fine.

Very strange this one.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Works ok for me..

coc
Hooked

Thanks Mustram, must be something my end, time to do some investigating.

jab1
Legend

OK - so it looks like this might be an IP issue. Can you wait until tomorrow, and I'll make further suggestions when I've found the site I need to to, to be able to investigate?

John
coc
Hooked

Hi John,

Yes there's no urgency with it, your help would be much appreciated.

coc
Hooked

Looks like when you click "Yes" on this button in the image it turns the page white and you're not able to do anything to change it.

I logged in via VPN and tried it and it's done the same thing, click "No" put it into a loop of a popup box and nothing can change that.

I found someone who reported it on the EE site back in October and it's still not been fixed. very odd.

Capture.JPG

jab1
Legend

That is very strange - if I open the main EE site, from a Google search link - I don't see that. What link are you using to open EE?

Looks like the problem is not what I was suspecting.

John
coc
Hooked

Hi John,

The page is: https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/account-summary

I have done some more testing and it only happens on my Firefox Browser with Adblocker Ultimate enabled.

If I disable the Adblocker and click the Yes button the page continues to work.

If I re-enable Adblocker and click Yes the page goes completely white and there is nothing I can do to get it to work except change IP address in the VPN.

Once Yes has been clicked turning Adblocker on / off and even changing browsers / devices has no affect, the screen stays white. It's like there is an IP ban. change IP address in the VPN and it works perfectly again.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

FWIW, the log in page seems to work fine here (using another ISP though) using FF with Adblock, NoScript and Privacy Badger enabled.Of course, if its the actual log-on part that fails, it might be that Adblock is blocking access to pages the log in section needs to have access to. But generally the page comes up complete.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
jab1
Legend

I may be wrong here, @coc , but it sounds like there is something in Adblocker Ultimate which is upsetting the site. I have never used that program, but using uBlock Origin, the page opens with no problem. Obviously, I can only get to the first page where it asks you to login, but on that I don't see the Yes/No buttons you refer to.

Can you post a screenshot of the page you are talking about - before you click any button, and if you do, make sure there is no personal information displayed?

John
jab1
Legend

@idonno wrote:

FWIW, the log in page seems to work fine here (using another ISP though) using FF with Adblock, NoScript and Privacy Badger enabled.Of course, if its the actual log-on part that fails, it might be that Adblock is blocking access to pages the log in section needs to have access to. But generally the page comes up complete.

Thanks for comments, @idonno - you get the same result as me then, and I suspect Adblock, too.

John
coc
Hooked

Hi John,

A screen shot of the page is below, it also happens on the page - https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/dashboard-paym

I have had a look but cannot see any pages where that is shown outside of being logged on.

You are right it must be something addblock is doing that EE doesn't like as I would have thought it would just be restricted to one browser but this carries over too all browsers and even other devices on the same IP.

I'll use the app on my phone as that still works and if I need to logon through the desktop I'll use a VPN.

hopefully EE fix it in the meantime so noone else has the issue.

Capture.JPG

jab1
Legend

That isn't the page I get, @coc , but as I am using the desktop version of the site, maybe we are not quite looking at the same thing. If I click the link you provided, I get the image below.

coc.PNG

John