cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Signal Box

mayanugs

EE Signal Box

Anyone wanting to use an EE signal Box on a plus net fibre connection via a BT Openreach  fibre handover box will prob find it wont work
To get around this  problem I disconnected the plus net router and openreach box and replaced them with a BT Homehub 5 (the cable which previously went into the openreach box goes to the homehub )
all you need to do is enter your credentials into the new homehub and it will se itself up then connect the signal box to the home hub it will register itself  and  be working  in minutes
I do not understand why plusnet use a router and an openreach box when there are routers capable of  doing the job without all the extra boxes and wiring
3 REPLIES 3
g1000
Grafter

Re: EE Signal Box

My EE signal box works fine on Plusnet FTTC with Openreach modem + Plusnet router.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Off topic but how did you manage to get a signal box off EE? I get almost no service in the house but haven't managed to get one, been using Wifi Calling but it's a bit iffy at times.
g1000
Grafter

They gave me mine when there was a fault in the area which they were struggling to fix.