cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECI Modem

robbiecollie
Grafter

ECI Modem

ECI Modem to Huawei  unlocked modem is this a straight matter of changing over the the leads or does it have to be configured
3 REPLIES 3
InterZoom
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: ECI Modem

Quote from: InterZoom
(For those interested in practicalities, it's a straight swap: same power supply spec, same mounting screw positions, same centre pair used for the DSL patch lead.)

No configuration needed.
The unlocked software is set up in bridge mode by default.
---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

It should just be a simple switch as your PlusNet username and password are stored in the Plusnet router.
I just purchased an HG612 modem, received it yesterday, unlocked it, and did a straight swap, even using the same ECI modem power supply. No problems.
If you are swapping modems because of this G.INP firmware compatibility issue, don't assume that you will get an improvement in your connection. You may, but it depends what is causing your issues (if you have any).
In my case, I assumed my latency issues were because of this G.INP issue, but once I could see the stats from the unlocked HG612, I could see that it was in fact FEC errors, which I am now investigating.
One thing the HG612 is useful for, is to gain access to line stats, which can be helpful when troubleshooting.
robbiecollie
Grafter

Thank you both for your reply's the reason for change is increase of pings and significant decrease of up load and download speeds so of to well known internet auction site