Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECI Modem 1MBs FTTC

Zixus
Grafter

ECI Modem 1MBs FTTC

Hi,
We've been upgraded to FTTC (second time lucky). A new ECI modem has been sent out and I've installed it. Unfortunately the results appear to be even worse. Attached is the screenshot from the BT Speedtest.
Is it possible I've hooked it up wrong? We're supposed to get 11Mb not 1Mb. I tried calling the support line but the wait times are now 1 hour.
Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: ECI Modem 1MBs FTTC

1 hour is really disgusted (complaint to BBC watchdog) about PN call wait time is bloody nightmare and awful lately. PN are suppose to extend new staffs one in Sheffield and one in Leeds. I cannot understand why is PN call time is over 1 hour!
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I cannot understand why is PN call time is over 1 hour!

Because they're all on their summer holidays!!! Crazy
avatastic
Grafter

Because they're all out whittling spoons.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No holidays or spoon crafting for me gents.
@Zixus
Diagnostics show there's a profile mismatch. I'm going to report a fault with our suppliers and get that fixed ASAP for you.
Keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
atsw
Grafter

Quote from: Zixus
We've been upgraded to FTTC (second time lucky). Is it possible I've hooked it up wrong? We're supposed to get 11Mb not 1Mb.

From your screenshot you'll see your line profile is at 1.26.  This is limiting your D/L speed.  I suspect that was the setting from when you had ADSL.  It should automatically rise now you have FTTC.  The upgrade order needs to clear within the BTw / PN systems, once it does, IP Profile will rise and so will your speeds.  Turning everything off for 30 mins (at least 30 mins) and then restarting the Modem and then the Router may well trigger the new FTTC Profile at re-start.
Andrew
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

restarting the Modem and then the Router may well trigger the new FTTC Profile at re-start.

Given what I've just identified that won't help.
Please avoid rebooting until we've fixed the issue with our suppliers.

EDIT: further tests have identified a line fault, I've reported that to Openreach for you, no engineer visit should be needed.
We expect to be able to update you before the end of the day on the 25th at the latest.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Zixus
Grafter

@ _Adam_Walker_ OK, thanks for reporting the line fault.
@atsw, thanks for the suggestion, it's a pity we can't use that technique in this instance.
Zixus
Grafter

There appears to be a short circuit on the line. Rather bizarrely it affects incoming calls. If someone rings us the caller hears 3 rings and then the call is cut. Our phone rings once and cuts out.
If someone does get through we hear them plus a lot of crackling.
If we call out or do the quiet line test, everything is crystal clear.
The engineer has not found the source of the problem and will return on Monday.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Openreach have passed the fault back to us believing it to be fixed.
Please let me know if there's any issues remaining.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Zixus
Grafter

@ _Adam_Walker_ , The voice fault appears to have been cleared but the FTTC broadband performance is worse than it was when we raised the initial fault. BT Speedtest screenshots attached.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It's going to need a engineer visit I'm afraid.
If you can let me know when your available I'll get a appointment booked.
The timeslots are AM (8am while 1pm and PM (1PM while 6PM). We should have from tomorrow up till Saturday available.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Zixus
Grafter

Hi Matthew, I've sent you a DM.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Just about to reply Smiley
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Zixus
Grafter

Hi,
The BT engineer called us this morning and informed us that Fibre will never work in our area until a new cabinet is put in the centre of our village. I believe his report will state that we've been mis-sold fibre (again). It should also be noted that I originally phoned up to get the master socket moved and was offered fibre as it was definitely available (please check the call recording, I asked three times if they were sure) and would be a cheaper way of getting the master socket moved. Unfortunately the master socket has not been moved either (as the engineer did not visit our house). I think it's taken 8 weeks to get this point.