Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECI Cabinets

FIXED
dave501
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: ECI Cabinets

Quick update, earlier this morning DLM intervened and increased the max attainable up and down the noise margins also increased especially the upstream, my connection has been rock solid since G.INP was enabled….

Before

Annotation 2020-05-18 091606.jpg

After DLM resync

Annotation 2020-05-18 091412.jpg

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

What I don't understand with this G.INP stuff is that retransmission of corrupted packets is nothing new, it's a feature of packet-switched networks since the dawn of time. So why the fuss now?  Crosstalk is not impulsive noise so G.INP won't make connections more secure against crosstalk. Vectoring, as in noise cancellation, might - is that widely installed now?

Do these ECI cabinets come direct from Israel? I see from their website that the CEO (or whatever he's called) used to be a manager at BNR so can't be all bad - although BNR was never hot at manufacturing. And having traffic monitored by Mossad might be better than by the Chinese PLA, at least they're on our side.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@mechanic123 https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/retransmission.htm makes interesting reading.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Had a modem/router re-boot yesterday, nothing to do with the line just a box that re-starts after any configuration change.

Stats now look a little bit different.
All figures are downstream only and in Mbps.

G.INP is still enabled.
SNR has increased from a constant 3.4 to 6.3
Max rate remains similar at 65.73
Connection rate has decreased from 73.99 to 65.27
IP Profile has decreased from a constant 71.55 to 63.11
Devices speed remains the same at 63

No errors, just a very stable line....

Kossack2003
Grafter

This morning it’s all gone wrong for me.
I’ve had 30+ resync’s this morning and with the sync speed from 43mps to 23mps and the noise margin starts at 6db but I’ve seen it sat at -6.4db.
I’ve called CS and they have put me in the list for an engineer visit but I’ve not had a date as of yet but today was the advisers second day today so we will have to wait and see.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Kossack2003,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your broadband. I've tested your line this morning and whilst we can see the connection has been intermittent earlier today, we're not detecting any underlying faults. Have you had the chance to set your router up within the test socket in the property? If you haven't then I'd strongly recommend doing so should the connection start dropping again and we have a guide on how to do this here.

If you do this and the connection keeps dropping out, please run through our troubleshooting guide to see if any of the steps included resolve the problem. This can be found here. If the connection continues dropping after going through these steps then please let us know so that we can investigate the matter further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Kossack2003
Grafter

Hi @TheMightyAJ,
Thanks for having a look it’s seams like the NTE5C Pre filtered faceplate has failed over night.
I’ve installed a new one and it looks stable again back up to 44Mbps and a nose margin of 6db 😁👍
FrazUK
Grafter

Interleaving has been applied to my line on the upload for the first time ever. It's whacked my pings up to 40+ from 15 in cs go EU West servers even though the latency is only 8ms on the upload. Download latency is 0.13ms

Gaming has always been terrible with interleaving and its the main reason I was wanting G.INP as it makes it much much better.

Can you intervene and get rid of the interleaving on my upload, it ruins online gaming.

Dodger21
Grafter

There are issues on my line but they have been there as long has I’ve been in this property.

The G.INP has made a difference to latency but the line capabilities have not improved.

The attainable rate is 34305 the actual rate is 24998 SNR on the downstream is 11db.

The DLM has move the actual rate as high as 30000 but it did not last long but the line is stable and the up time is currently over 80hrs.

As far as I can tell it’s the tones that are the issue they are not stable and are poor (see attached) having spoken with my neighbours they also have poor speeds, yet a property at the end of my road tells me they get over 40mbps and are about 120M away they are routed off the same cab as myself just fed from a different pole. I’m at a distance of 750m from the cab.

To be honest I’ve no expectation of this being sorted and as Openreach are currently installing FTTP in this area my only option will be to leave Plusnet if I want better speeds, I’m not looking for anything above 70Mpps so it’s a shame Plusnet are not looking of providing this service.

As an aside there are several parts on the cable run I’m on that need the ducts sorting out (they are blocked) and there is an area by the run to the pole I’m off that has been ripped up at some time, plus there is a lamp post on more than a metre away, it will be interesting to see if this work makes a difference when it’s done.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Ok, so I put the cat among the pigeons with my first post on the subject so here's another one.

www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/06/openreach-extend-g-inp-to-more-eci-fttc-broadband-lines.html

Brian

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Due to a rotten, declared dangerous, telegraph pole, our internet is down for a couple of days. Be interesting to see what the line looks like when it comes back up after the pole is replaced.

Dodger21
Grafter

In all honesty it will probably be the same line, there are a lot being done around where I live due to FTTP going in and all the lines and pole box are just changed over, sometime they even joint the supply cable. It will not take long to do either judging by what I’ve seen.

Bp1000
Grafter

My line has been stable for over 74 days on the trial. But due to electricians work yesterday it rebooted several times due to power cuts. Much to my surprise it resynced just 700Kbps lower than the long term stable.

Ping still low, all else fine. In fact it has 0.5dB of margin spare.

Having said that, and happy to see a much wider rollout on the cards I’m moving to FTTP at the end of the month.
FrazUK
Grafter

@bobpullen 

The trial has been great up until the last 2 or 3 days. Since 2015 or so i've had terrible experiences playing games online, especially FPS games such as CS:GO and the only thing that has ever improved that experience has been g.inp back when it was applied in 2015 (then removed again soon after), the current g.inp trial and intermittent applications of fastpath over the years.

When my line is interleaved fps games feel delayed/like I'm 1 to 2 seconds behind the server at all times, jittery/glitchy enemy player movement and terrible hitreg. It almost feels as if a regular but small amount of packets are being dropped or arriving late or in the wrong order.

The reason im posting this is interleaving has now been applied to the upload of my line which I don't recall ever happening before, only interleaving being applied on the download. My download remains at 0.13ms latency with g.inp while upload reports 8ms. The last few days I've noticed that terrible experience again while gaming then noticed my pings to EU West servers which were previously 15 are now 45 to 50. How can an additional 8ms of latency on the upload for interleaving cause an increase in 3+ fold to my ping. Not that the increase in ping is the problem here, its the effects that any amount of interleaving seems to have on gaming on my line. Could you possibly intervene to remove interleaving from my upload/reset my line profile?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@FrazUK there have been upstream errors on your line pretty frequently/consistently over the last couple of weeks. Very few, if any, since the 5th though, which I suspect is around the time interleaving will have been applied.

I don't have a simple mechanism of resetting DLM for FTTC circuits I'm afraid, and besides - this appears it might be a case of DLM doing what it's been designed to do?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵