ECI Cabinets

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: ECI Cabinets

@cbdeakin 

The answer is no.

PlusNet are not running a Trial as such - they put a few lines (about 19 I believe) up just to get an idea of what's what. Nobody else is being added.

Brian

cbdeakin
Hooked

What just 19 people? That seems a little low for a trial 🤔

Kossack2003
Grafter

That’s 19 that we in this thread know that’s on it.
As you can see in the first post Openreach are testing it on 100,000 circuits so there will be customers out there not knowing they are on the trial.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Plusnet are not running the trial as such they don't have the manpower etc to do so, Bob Pullen was able to pull some strings and get a Select few (19 in total compared to hundreds with other ISPs) on to it, He thought it was worth seeing how it would go as it would be of benefit if successful.  

dave501
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Just had a power cut, after re sync my upstream stats have taken quite a jump

u/s snr was 7.0 speed 13.5Mbps it's now showing snr 10.2 speed 15.9Mbps

Could G.INP have been applied to the u/s as well as d/s? Any ideas...

alexatkin
Dabbler

Its not unusual to get a faster sync initially after a power cut, as not all your neighbours will necessarily come online at the same time.

I do not believe they would have enabled g.INP on upstream as I believe that is what broke the last trial as things like the Home Hub 5 don't like it, which is effectively the standard Plusnet router and likely still heavily used on BT.

I was in fact using the Plusnet Hub with OpenWRT initially but had to switch to a Broadcom based modem as I was losing sync randomly with no obvious reason why.

Terranova667
Pro

ECI doesn't support G.INP on the upstream it's download only so the increase wouldn't be in relation to that, most likely just a lucky time that the Sync took place with no interference etc causing it to be lower. 

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

8 days into the trials.

The maximum downstream mrate has increased by a further 2 Mbps,  3.6 in total.

No other changes. Current stats can be seen Here 

zeneci

Thanks to those who have it and continue to provide updates. Hoping to see it sometime in the future.
Bp1000
Grafter

Trial still going well for me.

I did actually reboot (and didn’t wait 30 mins) because I wanted to swap the modem cable.

It rebooted with the same sync (a few hundred Kbps difference) and still on a 10% gain over pre trial.

Pings are super low and still on fast path.

In comparison, pre trial, DLM would try me on fast path but it would always go back within 2-4 days.

It’s been uninterrupted stability and speed bumps ever since the trial started, big thumbs up.

I can’t help but feel that a 3dB target would suit me too. Looking at my SNR margin it sits at 6.3 all the time. It fluctuates slightly between 5.7 and 6.4. It’s actually pretty rare to go to 5.7, very very occasionally 5.5, but usually 5.9 to 6.3.

So I assume I’d be stable at 3dB - don’t think this is part of the trial however.
Terranova667
Pro

3db profiles are not part of the trial as far as I'm aware, Openreach need to get G.INP to be successful this time around I fear if they don't they will never add it so best for them to focus on doing that, all signs so far point at success from what I can gather on forums etc I haven't seen reports of actual failures unlike the previous trials, but it's still very early days.  

Terranova667
Pro

Week Two of the trial and all still holding as it was when G.INP was applied, SNR fluctuates a little but it did that before G.INP was applied so nothing to be concerned about, all good this far.   

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Similar results, slight SNR fluctuation, everything else is stable and good.

dave501
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

All good here, noise margins are stable, speeds remain consistent ++

ryant704

My speed initally went up 2/3MBPS, now it has gone down to 6Mbps from my previous sync speed which had interleaving on.

I still have fast path on but I would much rather have the 6Mbps extra.

@bobpullen Any chance you can take a look to see if my line is behaving? Currently using a locked modem, cheers.