Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECI Cabinets

FIXED
prw

Re: ECI Cabinets

@bobpullen 

Will Plusnet be participating in the extended Openreach trial for G.INP on ECI cabinets? If so, could you add my line to it please.

atann
Dabbler

Please add me to the extended trial. On ECI cabinet.
cbdeakin
Hooked

@bobpullen 

I'd be willing to join Plusnet if it meant my line (ECI cabinet) could have G.INP enabled.

Please could you let us know if it will be possible to enable G.INP for Plusnet customers.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@cbdeakin we're never going to have a formal process for customers requesting G.INP is applied to their lines. Although if the trials are succesful then it's likely to become policy across the board. That said, it would still be down to the DLM/OR systems to apply it.

I'm afraid I'm not in a position to select individual lines for participation at this stage. Hopefully those with an interest will find they're moved as part of the wider initiative.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Also to point out that G.INP on ECI only works for the download it's not available for the upload as it doesn't work at all sadly.

Terranova667
Pro

Had to reboot my Hub-One yesterday, for some reason after around 40 days uptime Wi-Fi started to be flakey then stopped completely, the UI would take over a minute to appear when logging in, I would get huge ping spikes going from my normal 13ms to over 2000ms, Not sure if it was G.INP related causing the Hub-One to have the problem or just the Hub-One itself.

Upon rebooting everything is working fine but I have lost 1Mb of Sync. 

FrazUK
Grafter

@bobpullen ,

Interleaving has been removed from my upload again. Could you please take a look and let me know what my errors are looking like now? Thanks!

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Line fault finally fixed. Stats are all over the place at the moment so will give it time to settle.

Live line stats

FrazUK
Grafter

@bobpullen 

Please could you take a look at the error rates on my line for the past couple of weeks since interleaving was removed from the upload again? Thanks!

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Since telegraph pole was replaced stats now look a little bit different.
All figures are downstream only and in Mbps.

G.INP is still enabled.
SNR increases at approx 1am up to 10.0 and back down later in the day to 6.1. 
Max rate increases from  66.53 up to 73.47 and back to 66.53. Increases and decreases in line with SNR
Connection rate remains constant at 66.56
IP Profile remains constant 64.36

No errors, just a very stable line....

Dodger21
Grafter

I have just seen this Openreach are remove G.INP from cabinates: Click 

Terranova667
Pro

I wondered why I had a reset and back to where I was pre-G.INP, once again Openreach fail to bring it to ECI I hate to say it but they should just give up and just bring FTTP ASAP.  

alexatkin
Dabbler

Problem is they ARE bringing FTTP as fast as they can.

I'm on a Fibre First exchange and its been delayed 2 years because they need to completely overhaul the electrical system in the exchange.  In the meantime, every new FTTC customer connected slows things down, so G.INP is very much needed.

Dodger21
Grafter

This has been update (same link as above) but the news is more positive as it's only been removed from some lines that where in areas that are having issues, when more users were added.

Kossack2003
Grafter

I still have it on my line and it’s been brilliant.
Interesting though on the BTW DSL checker it’s say my estimate line speed has dropped from 50 to 38Mbps but I’m sat at 44Mbps so we will have to see what happens to my line in the future.