Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECI Cabinets

FIXED
alexatkin
Dabbler

Re: ECI Cabinets

Its more than the weather is getting warmer so the line attenuation increases, ie copper becomes less conductive as it gets warmer.

My upstream attainable is now below my actual sync rate, fortunately not lost sync (yet).

Bp1000
Grafter

Is the warmer weather issue more related to overhead cables?

Mine are via pavement chambers and the sync / max sync is still exactly the same as it was 30 days ago at the start of the trial 

still thrilled with the stability, speed and low pings 

alexatkin
Dabbler

I'd certainly expect overhead to be impacted more.  I mean black cables hanging in the sun must REALLY warm up.

Different weather conditions also impact what kind of radio interference might be unintentionally picked up in the cables too.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

It's been 5 days since the reset no change, DLM hasn't seen fit to put me back on G.INP I have no way to see any error rates etc to determine if it would do so with the Hub-One being so limited, will continue to monitor but I fear this will be a failure for me.

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

im on ECI and speed keeps dropping and dropping - please can i trial it

Terranova667
Pro

Sadly no the trial started a month ago no one else can join, and even if you could G.INP isn't for sorting out falling speeds I suggest making your own thread and posting your issue in it.

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

THREE G HERE I COME

Kossack2003
Grafter

The DLM has being very active on my line over the last week.
Looks like its trying to force a better download sync speed while adjusting the upload sync to achieve the end result.
Bp1000
Grafter

Has your sync been stable from the beginning of the trial and now it’s trying to get you more?

What are your stats?

My SNR margin is 6.1 solid so I haven’t got any room to increase my DL sync unless we get a 3dB target. It’s been said before that’s different and probably wouldn’t be a feature in this trial

Since the beginning
Current Rate (Kbps) 14531 55713
Max Rate (Kbps) 14129 56771
SNR Margin (dB) 6 6.1
Line Attenuation (dB) 29.7 13.4

Impressive considering my normal sync was around 47 and then moving the router to the master socket and replacing the cable went to 49Mbps for years. Now it’s 56Mbps
alexatkin
Dabbler

The upstream and downstream aren't directly related, reducing the upstream will not gain any downstream as the blocks of frequencies used are reserved for upstream or downstream use, they cannot simply be swapped to whatever you'd prefer (sadly).

What does change however is as the weather gets warmer, the capacity of the copper line reduces due to increased resistance and so available rates can change.  It hitting one direction more than the other just means that's the point where the frequencies are starting to cut-off.  This time of year can be particularly frustrating as if you drop sync during the day you can be wondering why your SNR is above 6dB in the evening.

To make matters worse, G.INP on ECI only works on downstream.  For example on my line I get tons of upstream errors and few on down since the trial.  For the first time my upstream is dropping below 20Mbit.

Terranova667
Pro

Had a reset last night it and it seems DLM has saw fit to Re-enable G.INP, Hard to know for sure but i'm syncing more or less at the level it was when it was first applied give or take a couple of hundred KB, Hopefully it sticks but as mentioned the hot weather can play a part, plus the lockdown keeping people at home using their device's etc causing even more interference than there usually would be doesn't help. 

Took around 10 days for DLM to make the change which I can't complain too much about.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Had a very short power cut this morning, all devices re-booted, stats now look more interesting.
All figures are downstream only and in Mbps.

G.INP is still enabled.
SNR has decreased from a constant 6.4 to 3.6.
Max rate has increased from 65.56 to 66.37.
Connection speed has increased from 63.84 to 73.99.
IP Profile has increased from a constant 61.73 to 71.55
Device speed has increased from a constant 61 to 62

No errors....

Live stats can be seen here 

Terranova667
Pro

Just keeping the thread updated, Almost 6 weeks into the trial and my connection is still holding after G.INP being Re-enabled ( at least I think it is) did a little digging around to see if there was anything from Openreach on how things are going but found nothing, I guess they are not that concerned about it with the lockdown taking their focus elsewhere.

I will continue to update as and when the need arises.  

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I've been monitoring my connection, had a 2mbps speed bump when activated and that's held steady.
Stability wise I've had up times of 25 days+ before a re-synch which on a SmartHub 6 is much better, usually around 14 days.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
alexatkin
Dabbler

My line has been rock-solid stable since the trial start on a Zyxel VMG3925-B10B.
It hated the Home Hub 5A though, at least with the modem firmware on OpenWRT.  Was dropping every day.

Sync

58120 Kbps

19555 Kbps

Attainable

58425 Kbps

19617 Kbps

SNR

6.2 dB

6.0 dB

Attenuation

13.7 dB

0.0 dB