Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECI Cabinets

FIXED
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: ECI Cabinets

@chrislacey
>> also not sure why bearer 1 has inp 3 and actual inp 4.01, i dont think bearer one is used. <<

Bearer 1 is the channel used by Re-TX (g.inp).   
All your normal data goes via Bearer 0 so any parameters set for that Bearer 1 should not affect your usual traffic and should only come into effect if retransmitted DTU's are being sent.  
INP=48 is quite normal for bearer 0 if the line has G.INP.

See ~ How does G.INP / Retransmission work? 

Tags (1)
kitz
Aspiring Pro

@chubsta @Bp1000 @Champnet

Although your line speed and IPprofile may have increased, your actual throughput speed will ultimately rely on your Plusnet profile.    The PN profile should reflect your IP profile, but may not immediately update.   You need to may need to get a new PPPsession before it does.

Some modem/routers have a setting which allow you to just reconnect a new PPPsession with your ISP, but others need a full resync to get a new session so you can pick up the new PN profile.

Anyone who has a static IP may need to ask PN to apply the new profile.   If you have a dynamic IP then it should eventually update automatically.  I'm not 100% certain how relevant the PN profile is for dynamic IPs and Dedicated WMBC now.   Perhaps one of the PN reps will refresh my memory please as I'm on a static IP and always need to get a new PPPsession to pick up any new PN profile.

Whatever way, this is a specific PN issue and nothing to do with the G.INP trials as the Openreach DLM system always immediately informs the Openreach bRAS of your sync speed so the IPprofile is updated real-time.
There can be (and usually is) a slight delay before your ISP gets the information about your new IPprofile. 

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

With a Dynamic IP the Plusnet IP profile doesn't matter it's no longer used, Fixed IP's are still using the Plusnet IP profile something about still going through parts of the old network, if on a Fixed IP you can ask staff to adjust the Profile once done refresh the PPP session.

Bp1000
Grafter

Thanks kitz

Maybe I should leave it and allow the Openreach engineers to collect uninterrupted data - if you are saying it will eventually correct itself without a resync

I’m on a dynamic ip and use a basic but stable TPLink TD-W9970 router in modem mode. I’m not sure if it can receive a new profile without resync

I think (need to check) it can disconnect a PPP session and reconnect with a resync

My bt ip profile is still about 6Mbps below the sync
Terranova667
Pro

@Bp1000 hmm strange that the BT Profile is that far below the sync it should only be a couple of Mb at best, I haven't used the BTW tester in some time as it's been very unreliable in the past, I'm on a dynamic IP myself with a new sync of 54.8Mb my throughput is around the 51-52Mb range so completely where it should be.

dropping the PPP session won't adjust the BT profile only a full re-sync will do that, I don't know what the rules for the trial are and if it's something you can do maybe @bobpullen  can pop in and suggest if he knows.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Thanks @kitz , I’m on a static IP address so I’d be grateful if any Plusnet staff viewing this thread could please have a look at  my IP profile. My D6400 has a disconnect / connect option which looks like it will resync without a reboot.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Champnet, sorted.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Thanks, that was quick......

Bp1000
Grafter

Yes a little below what I would have expected. As you mentioned you’re 54Mbps sync and 51Mbps throughout

Testing via cable
56Mbps sync 49.5Mbps throughput - perhaps it’s just my line

Terranova667
Pro

Just thought I would add an update as it's been almost a week since G.INP was applied and I didn't want this thread getting buried as it is a trial after all and would be of some benefit for other ECI users not on the trial as to how it's progressing, I don't know if the thread can get stickied in some way at least until the trial is over.

Anyway for me all is good the connection is holding no loss or gain from the Initial 2Mb increase I got from G.INP being applied, throughput is fine I know some are/were having issues with this although I think that was more to do with Plusnet and Fixed IPs, So far can't complain.

cbdeakin
Hooked

Hi, my family are thinking of leaving Talktalk soon and joining Plusnet instead.

Our FTTC connection is connected to an ECI cabinet.  Could G.INP be enabled for the trial, if we joined Plusnet?

chubsta
Grafter
Fixes: 1

My router reset in the night and I had a 2Mbps drop in sync speed - anyone know what this would have happened as it has been perfectly stable since the reset last week?

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

6 days into the trials.

On Friday @bobpullen  adjusted my static IP profile

Compared to pre-trial.

The maximum rate has increased by 1.6 Mbps, modem connection speed has increased by 1.6 Mbps.

SNR increased from 5.8 dB to 6.3 , the ES/hour now reduced to 0

IP profile increased from 60.35 Mbps to  61.72 and the speed reported by devices has increased from 59 Mbps to 61.

Overall still very impressed with the very solid connection and lack of errors.

Current stats can be seen Here 

Kossack2003
Grafter

The same here my connection has been solid.
It was a little laggy on days 2-4 but it settled down on day 5.
But what a test for it at the moment, if it can stand up to the high demand at the moment then I would like to think it should pass the test once the world goes back to normal.
dave501
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

7 days without any issues, the initial 7MB increase dropped by (1MB) however the improved latency has remained consistent lower by some 8ms. Very happy with the results so far….