Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECI Cabinets

FIXED
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: ECI Cabinets

@bobpullen Thanks for the update Bob, yeah I figured it wouldn't show up yet the time stamp on the GEA test is usually a week or so behind which makes it a little harder for us on the Hub-one to see what's completely going on with the stats being so limited, I'll keep an eye on it for sure but so far no complaints. 

kitz
Aspiring Pro

>> however I believe the data is 'stale' and not necessarily realtime.

I don't know how true it is, but one of the guys on my forum said that although the DLM data on the GEA test lags behind a couple of weeks, there is another test in the suite which does give more up to date details for the DLM profile.   Sorry I don't know any more info.  Sad

Thanks so much Bob for doing this.  Will start a new PPPsession in a short while.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I can’t think of any other tests other than a GEA in the suite of KBD (Knowledge Based Diagnostics) that displays a DLM profile, however certain advisers have access to what’s known as a live RRT tool where the profile is generally a lot more up to date usually as of within 24 hours. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
dave501
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@bobpullen is there a reason why my downstream noise margin should be double the default 6.0dB target noise margin? Thanks....

Maximum data rate:13.556 Mbps / 62.035 Mbps

Noise margin:7.1 / 12.8

Line attenuation:14.2 / 13.0

Signal attenuation:14.1 / 13.0

DSL checker results
Annotation 2020-03-17 191617.jpg

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@dave501, is that a recent development?
@kitz, we have access to fibreline service layer data which is updated daily and contains profile details I believe.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ketleystar
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen my bt ip is 64.16Mbps but my Plusnet profile is wrong at 63.8Mbps?

1. Downstream Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
61.07 Mbps

0 Mbps 64.16 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 61.07 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-64.16 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 64.16 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
18.05 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 18.05Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Kossack2003
Grafter

The thing we all need to remember is that this a trial for broadband stability and if we get a speed uplift this is a welcome bonus, So keep in mind the backend systems will be a little slow to respond and I’m sure it will all come in line on its own.
dave501
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@bobpullen wrote:
@dave501, is that a recent development?

@bobpullen no it's generally around 12dB which seem a bit odd when the target is 6dB? 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@dave501, your line rate is capped at 40mbps yet is capable of much more. Whilst the target SNR might be set at 6dB, the SNR margin (which is what your router reports) is much higher due to the excess headroom you have. Capping below what your line is capable of effectively creates a noise buffer. If you moved to our Fibre Extra product I'd expect the margin to drop to 6dB.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ensor
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

@bobpullen 

Hi Bob, could you please run a test on my line and issue a DLM reset request please?

For the last couple of months my downstream connection has had high interleaving applied along with an ip profile of 47Mbps - which I discovered yesterday is below my guaranteed minimum speed.

I've tried two different (Draytek) routers on the line and they both report a max achievable rate of 56/58Mbps.

Thanks.

Dodger21
Grafter

I’ve posted the stats for before and after (see below) the strange thing is the info is showing it is not active on the downstream, I’m chasing this with Draytek but the line is being used for home working as well, so I am limited to what I can do during the day.

As far as download speed is concerned I have no increase at the moment but have a better snr downstream of 9-10Db

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Your line is banded at 24Mbps so you need to request a DLM reset, also the stats on the Draytek are known to be a bit mixed up, you have ReTx applied on Far End but that is actually on downstream. If you can get the banding removed you should get a reasonable increase in speed.😀

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Dodger21
Grafter

RealAleMadrid

Your line is banded at 24Mbps...........

Thanks for your reply but how do you tell the lien is banded?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Dodger21 

The normal snrm is 6db for VDSL2 so if it is higher than this the sync speed has been artificilally capped or banded by DLM. The banded speeds are very specific like yours at exactly 24Mbps, if you reboot the modem it will sync at the same speed. PlusNet can request a DLM reset in this situation.