cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drops connection driving me mad. No real service since joined!

Cornishfamily
Dabbler

Drops connection driving me mad. No real service since joined!

I've been a plusnet member for a few weeks,  since switching from Sky which was overall good. However, PN could offer a better deal.

Every day I experience dozens of dropouts, the router will change to a flashing orange for minutes - hours and then the same happens over and over again.

I have tried a different router but the problem remains. The problem is still there even when connected directly to the port of the master socket, I have done all the completed ODC(?) checks.

Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem could be?

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Drops connection driving me mad. No real service since joined!

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Thanks for doing the checks your side. ODC stands for Own Domain Checks.

I think the next step is to arrange an engineer visit to further investigate.

I'll update your fault ticket here shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
veeb1

We've been with PN for a while now and didn't start experiencing problems until this year.  Our internet keeps dropping out too with the router going to flashing orange etc etc.  It's not quite as bad as it was back in January when trying to watch a film in the evening was a nightmare!  It was dropping out 10/12 times!  We have had an engineer out and he said the problem was down at the cabinet but we are still finding that it drops out but not quite as badly as before.  I must admit, it does drive you mad!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @veeb1

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked your connection and it has been stable today so far. We'll continue to monitor for drops and ensure that this is escalated with our supplier if the issue persists.

We'll stay in touch via the open fault ticket on your account here

Best Wishes,

Dave

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@RandallFlagg wrote:

We'll stay in touch via the open fault ticket on your account here

But doesn't the Ticket auto-close after 14 days?  Intermittent faults are notoriously tricky and time consuming to resolve.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.