cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection

Hckladybug

Dropping connection

I’ve been experiencing drops to our internet connection since we began our contract with Plusnet. Can you offer any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Shocking service!!!!

@Hckladybug 

To get better visibility of your problem it is better to start your own topic on the appropriate board. 
If you advise whether you are on ADSL or fibre I will move your post.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Hckladybug

ADSL.
Thank you.
Baldrick1

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved and the title changed

Moderator and Customer

Baldrick1

Re: Dropping connection

@Hckladybug 

When you say that your connection is dropping are you connecting over wireless or an Ethernet cable?

If wireless are the lights on your hub changing when you have a drop? If so, what are they showing?

If the hub lights are not changing and you are using wireless then your problem is likely to be with the wireless link.

If it’s a wireless issue and assuming that you have a Plusnet Hub One it is possible that your connected devices are not happy with the hub synchronised 2.4 and 5GHz wireless bands configuration. To separate them see here.  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840
Once you do this you will find, assuming that your devices are dual band, that you will see both as available networks. They both have the same password. Try each in turn and use the best.

Moderator and Customer

Baldrick1
Moved:

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

You're actually on Unlimited Fibre Extra @Hckladybug haha. 

Anyway, I've tested the line from our side and to be honest, all seems okay, speeds are coming through higher than those we told you to expect - 57.5 Mbps, and the line itself has not dropped out for the past 33 days. This tells me that the issues you're having are wireless. As per the previous comment on this thread, can you confirm whether the lights on your router change when the disconnections occur?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Hckladybug

Hi Adam;

Our router light stays on a steady blue. But we do drop out on our wireless devices. How do you try to correct this?

Thanks;
Jamie
Baldrick1

@Hckladybug 

Which Hub have you got, a Plusnet Hub One or Hub Two. See https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-information/.  If it's a hub One then follow the advice earlier and split the wireless bands.

Moderator and Customer

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your time today, and for splitting the two bands on your Hub One, that being said, given the date you signed up, I've now processed a Hub Two to be sent out, and have waived all charges. 

Given the post as well, I've raised an open complaint on the account which I'll be taking full ownership of, and will check in with you around two weeks from now to see how you're getting on. You can both view and comment on the open ticket / complaint here

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds