Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped speed

pinkpoy
Dabbler

Dropped speed

Hi,

I'm in East London, earlier this afternoon my speed dropped from 67mb to barely 2.5mb

I've rebooted the devices connected and it's still slow. Any suggestions on what could be?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Dropped speed

@pinkpoy This should be on the Fibre Board - I'll see if I can prod the mods  to move it.

In the meantime:-

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection. Please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
pinkpoy
Dabbler

@jab1 thanks - 01.PNG02.PNG

jab1
Legend

Thanks for those two @pinkpoy - although the 'Additional Diagnostics' from the Performance Tester would have been more useful.

Have you tried the phone test, and sight of your Hubs Help Desk would be useful?

John
pinkpoy
Dabbler

@jab1 - I can't do the 17070 because I don't have a phone.  The other test - additional diagnostic - that is asking for a service ID so I can't run it.

03.PNG

pinkpoy
Dabbler

04.PNG

jab1
Legend

OK - no phone s a major issue, because looking at your Help Desk, there is nothing wrong with the speed to your master socket, which does point to a problem on the phone leg of the circuit.

Hopefully, one of the Help Team will spot this and run tests to determine the issue.

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@pinkpoy 

This is a symptom of one of the two telephone wires to your property being disconnected, hence the desirability of having a dirt cheap corded phone to check. You could try the Plusnet automated phone checker that you can trigger with a text, see https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Yep, my suspicion, @Baldrick1 . I must remember the automated checker next  time this happens. 😐

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @pinkpoy,

Thanks for getting in touch over forum, I appreciate it and I am sorry you are having issues with your speed.

I have checked the line and it is not picking up an issue on the phone line itself and your speed looks fine from our side.

The best step forward would be to get an engineer out to have a look at what's causing this problem for you, please can you add your availability to the ticket here and come back to me so I can get this booked in for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team