Did you mean: 

Dropped Connection and Speeds

FIXED
Beanhead
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Dropped Connection and Speeds

Hi,

I've been a long term PN customer and very rarely had any issues, then yesterday I noticed my line went about 11AM.

I naturally rebooted and whilst the line has now come back its been extremely slow. In the years I've been a PN customer its never been this bad.

Is it a nationwide thing, a PN thing or a me thing?

Other than rebooting the router when the connection, nothing my end has changed; and issues prior to line going. I'm London based, so not affected (I believe) by outages elsewhere in the UK.

Is it just me? Any help please?

Thanks,

Beans

2 REPLIES 2
Beanhead
Dabbler

Re: Dropped Connection and Speeds

So it looks like I wasn't going mad then.

Just rang up PN as a last resort, she ran the first line test before also suggesting running a broadband test and immediately pinged up an error at the exchange.

Booked in with Openreach so could be anytime time till Thursday.

Sucks that its out of my hands and hoping Openreach can fix it, but nice to know I'm not going mad!

Beanhead
Dabbler

Re: Dropped Connection and Speeds

Fix

Just wanted to say it turns out not only did I indeed have a fault but multiple issues:

1. There was rightfully a fault at the exchange which meant the line went down and caused it to slow,
  2. Needed my BT socket replaced; and
  3. When he tested the line he found another fault mid way between property and exchange.

Got my line repaired and he said the latter fault must've been there a while as my speed has actually now increased.

All sorted, hope the above helps anyone else.