Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropouts

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Dropouts

Now 7 days uptime since faceplate removed😁. Quietly confident resolved, but it did do this once before. It's a pity that bt kit reboots every 14 days. Anyone any ideas why this is. Anyhow will continue monitoring, but if resolved will have to get a new plate as shmbo says the test socket with a filter looks untidy.  Is the mk4 with an nte5c any good.....

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Glad that this is looking good, @penfold.

I'm sure that the learned members of our community will be able to assist with the BT/socket related queries.

If there's anything you need in terms of the connection, just drop us a line.

Best wishes

Dave

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Sorry to be revisiting this, but its started again with random sync drops. Nothing's changed my end, router still in the test socket. Will monitor but if it continues will raise a fault. Can anyone post up my radius stats, and run a gea test....

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @penfold

Thanks for getting in touch - Can I just confirm that this is for your own personal account? I'll take a look at this for you tonight but don't want to pull the GEA for the wrong account Tongue

Thanks

Dave

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Yeah, it's for mine.... Since I removed the filtered plate, apart from the standard 14day reboots, the line has been completely stable, until approx 2.30 this afternoon when this started. Can't pinpoint any changes apart from its been raining..... Thanks for looking.....
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @penfold

GEA test here.

Thanks

Dave

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks dave. That's odd, test comes back perfect, no interference or anything .
I checked at the cab, earlier on when it was dropping, but no bt presence, cab is a 10second walk away around the corner.... Can you get my radius logs, to see if there is any pattern there. I've done a quiet line test and it's silent, and tried ringing out and in, but no drops. Drops continued after this, as my thinking was to clear a dirty joint by passing current down the line by ringing.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,

RADIUS graph here.

Definitely a few drops there, so worth monitoring and raising a fault as you've suggested.

Let us know if/when you raise a fault and we'll ensure it gets picked up.

Cheers

Dave

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Ta. I will keep an eye on things. Its either just going to stop, and stabalise, or get worse. If it continues, I will try the router you sent in Jan, and replace the microfilter, although filter is the new one that came with the hub 1.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All good ideas - let us know how you get on.

Dave

penfold
Aspiring Pro

It all seems to have suddenly stabalised.... Almost 2 days uptime, with no issues, and it's been chucking it down here, so that's likely not the cause.... Maybe some spurious interference.... Is there anyway that the dlm can be interrogated to find out why the sync dropped mysteriously a few times then stopped
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @penfold 

Good to hear that it's looking ok at the moment!

In regards to your DLM question - we can view more specific DLM history and change data. 

We can see things such as dB changed over the last "X" days etc...but there's no way of seeing the reasons for a change as far as I'm aware. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Never mind. Worth an ask. Will keep monitoring though, and see what happens. Odd that this occurred after weeks of stability, and then suddenly stopped. It must have been something external to the house, as nothing has changed here, but what, I have no clue.
Any ideas what could cause a flurry of resyncs over a few hours and then just stop. Would you possibly be able to run another gea test, I would be interested in the errors detected on the line at almost 2 days uptime. Btb hub 6 won't give that detail.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@penfold - please do keep monitoring and update us if anything changes. 

If we can do more to help we certainly will. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Apologies for resurrecting this, but the thread contains a lot of details.  The drops have started again, and are today much worse, the line has not been stable since 6ish tonight, despite reboots etc. This is the worst it has been. Rang in, line check ok, and was advised to change filter.  I have changed filter but it still drops randomly.  The upstream attainable rate has dropped from just below 30mbos to 23, and upstream to around 65, from high 70s. I have raised a fault via the troubleshooter. Can you post up the results of the gea test and the radius logs. I suspect I need an engineer, can someone pick this up for me.  Interestingly DLM is not intervening at the moment