Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropouts

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Dropouts

Thanks. Will see what weekdays fetch, could be something localised to weekdays.... Still up at the min....... Thanks for the support.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Well it's been over 5 days now and still not dropped, and throughput rock solid. Very odd, whatever was causing the random interface has obviously gone away or been fixed, either near my house or the cabinet. Loved to have known what it was....... Seems like the router is OK. Are you still OK for me to keep the hub1 when it arrives. Be a useful troubleshooting tool for me and the family's connections as we are all on plusnet.....
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @penfold, I'm glad to hear the issue looks to have been resolved. If the drops do return or you noticed any problems moving forwards then by all means do get back in touch to let us know. And by all means the second router which should arrive you're welcome to keep as may come in handy in future.

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Issues have started to return.  I raised a fault, and was going to swapout the routers, but I had an urge to check the line, and noted that its now noisy.  Also when resyncing, the upstream sometime again syncs very low. I suspect an emerging line fault, although sometimes when I reboot the router, after one of these episodes, It seems to cure the fault.

I will add to the ticket that the line is noisy.  

Can someone do a line check, as i tried the automated checker, but it stopped with 'oops somethings gone wrong!!'

Thanks

penfold
Aspiring Pro

OK..... Started the general troubleshooting, and removed the mk3 faceplate that was installed when I got fibre. Checked line and noise has gone.... Do these things go wrong, it is over 4yrs old.... As nothing else connected to master socket happy to keep with Dangly filter. It's brand new, came with the hub one. I will configure the hub 1 tomorrow, and put it in place of the smart hub, just for interests sake although my gut feeling is still an evolving line fault. The weather is shocking in Lancashire......
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear your connection issues have returned.

It's not uncommon for faceplates to develop issues and in some cases, I've seen just removing it and putting it back on clears the noise.

Our line tests aren't showing any cause at this moment in time as shown below

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 54.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 372.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-55M Downstream 6dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-01-04T10:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 55.0 Mbps 55.0 Mbps 55.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 576.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 898.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 3.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-01-17T09:45:26Z 2019-01-17T10:00:26Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Let us know if you're still experiencing issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Well that gea test looks better than previous... Last one showed some repetitive noise detected, but this one didn't. Will set up the hub 1, just for interests sake to see what happens, and leave the Dangly filter in for a while. Whilst I am not fussed about leaving filter in, SHMBO may be, so....
1.. Is a faceplate filter better than a Dangly for fibre, I have the one that came with hub 1 in at the mo. I have 1 phone and no extension wiring at all.
2.. If faceplate filter deemed better, the one I had was a mk3. Is the mk4 better and a self install, as it appears to need a different back box as it's a clip on.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi @penfold

To be honest I don't think it makes much of a difference whether you're using a pre-filtered faceplate or a microfilter.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Now had just over 2 days uptime after removing mk3 faceplate. Had a call today asking for engineer dates, but I feel we should wait and see what happens... Trued configuring the hub 1 tonight as I wanted to change everything to replicate the bt hub, save messing about, but laptop refused to connect to hub1 Web page. Win 10 was reporting unknown network, and was not being given an ip. I will try and configure on dons desktop as I think my laptop ethernet NIC is screwed, as it was again reporting that it had no mac address...... Will keep updating. Should I post up on ticket what's going on.....
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Now 2days and 15hrs since I removed faceplate and rebooted and had no drops.... Not convinced as its done this before. Previously had over 6 days uptime, and over 14 after a just a router reboot. (smart hub seems to reboot anyway every 14 days, like the hub5). The drop when they occur all happen between 6pm and 9pm.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks @penfold, it's certainly worth documenting on the ticket so our faults team have visibility on what you've tried and what you're experiencing when troubleshooting.

If it has been performing fine since connecting to the test socket, I appreciate not wanting to go ahead with an engineer appointment right away and would agree that it's certainly worth monitoring for more time before proceeding with this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Hi. Updating ticket but the csc analyst has put that there is a fault that needs resolving by your supplier. He doesn't state what said fault is.

Ticket id.  186530256

Fault : 3-939629126697

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it's more a case of us following process to report the issue than having identified a specific problem. 

An engineer visit would be the way forward next so please drop us an update on the ticket with your availability. Please reply back here when you have and we'll make sure that gets picked up quickly. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Adam.  It's been completely stable since removing the faceplate.. I think it's better to see what happens, rather than a potential bt charge. Current stats

Business Smart Hub

+088315+NQ73457164

SG4B1B008198

13-Jul-2018

4 Days, 16 Hours 5 Minutes 39 Seconds

10.00 Mbps / 55.00 Mbps

28929 / 76893

23 dB / 11.6 dB

0 dB / 14.2 dB

0 dB / 14.2 dB

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Fast Path

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @penfold

I agree that's probably the most sensible course of action at this stage - your connection looks stable and in good shape at the moment.

If you do revisit the ticket, just let us know here and we'll ensure it's picked up.

Best wishes

Dave